Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Did they say how long they will honor that? I want to order late spring/early summer, and it would be much easier to go to Clarksville than to sit in 495 traffic.

Also, I saw in another thread where you said they are doing 5% plus the $300 fee, is that correct? I didn't want to hijack that thread.
Yes, he didn't say he would do exactly 5% but that he would be competitive with Koons. My Rubi would have been 51,605 MSRP but he quoted me "$46,354 + tax, tags, title, reg, doc and processing" which is just shy of the 5% (4.77) off invoice (48,569) mark. Tags, title, reg average is 256 in MD and their doc/processing is 300 according to their site.

EDIT: To get this deal they do require you to have TL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m sorry I havenā€™t been able to answer pricing questions. Like I said I got my Jeep at cost(meaning the dealership wonā€™t make any profit off of my order)because of my relation to the dealer. I donā€™t have any pricing info at the moment, but I have inquired and will hopefully have some good information by the end of the day.
Well I hope you get a good deal but challenging the reality that people are getting the deals they are saying they are across the board seems like a blanket statement. In fact even Tread Lightly flies in the face of your statement that people wonā€™t come close to invoice. Invoice is an industry pricing term, not a true representation of what the dealer paid and most informed buyers in competitive markets get under invoice on new vehicles.

MEO73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
The reality is that sellers want to sell for as high as they can and buyers want to buy for as cheaply as they can. The miracle of the free market! The one thing that makes the process frustrating (for buyers) is that coming by ā€œtrueā€ price information is tough. MSRP is just what it says: a ā€œsuggestedā€ retail price. An ā€œinvoiceā€ price is hard to calculate because dealer cost seems to be driven by ā€œactualā€ cost, which involves volume bonuses, incentives, holdbacks, rebates, whatever. All these things get built into the vehicleā€™s ā€œprice.ā€ I can advertise ā€œ10% below invoiceā€ but if I tack on various ā€œfees,ā€ that number starts looking different. What matters is the ā€œout the door price.ā€ I donā€™t begrudge dealers wanting to make as much money as they can or buyers for wanting to spend as little as they can. Having accurate price information would be helpful, but even that is pretty complicated. Iā€™m just glad the net has made the process of buying a vehicle somewhat easier. Because of this forum, I have located at least a couple of dealers I can seek out for the best price I can get. And one of them will ultimately choose to sell me a vehicle at a price I am willing to pay and that enables them to stay in business.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone getting near 5% under invoice at any dealer near Atlanta, GA?

Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Iā€™m not a car dealer myself, but @MEO73 ā€˜s post is pretty spot on. Iā€™m glad he could articulate what I was trying to say.
Well put sir :clap:

millercreek

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariet, 2015 Escape Titanium and 2018 JLUR
I agree with MEO73. It is the out the door price that counts. I contacted 5 dealers and asked each to give me the out the door price including KOONS. The bottum line including tax, license, registration and any processing fees. I have no trade and the JLU rubicon was specked out the same to all 5 dealerships. (VERY SIMPLE TO COMPARE) Three dealerships were within $60 so I ordered from the closest one. Riverside in Marinette, WI

Last edited:

JRunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Ridgeline
Just ordered a close to fully loaded JLU Rubicon (my first wrangler...looking forward to it) from Sam Lehman in Morton, IL. We agreed to 5% below invoice + a couple of hundred bucks. Very straight forward transaction. One of my best experiencing at a car dealer. If you're located in IL or within a reasonable drive I would recommend reaching out to them. I worked with Anthony Jenkins ([email protected]).

They have one JLU sport (black) on the lot behind the service garage...delivered 1/5.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Just ordered a close to fully loaded JLU Rubicon (my first wrangler...looking forward to it) from Sam Lehman in Morton, IL. We agreed to 5% below invoice + a couple of hundred bucks. Very straight forward transaction. One of my best experiencing at a car dealer. If you're located in IL or within a reasonable drive I would recommend reaching out to them. I worked with Anthony Jenkins ([email protected]).

They have one JLU sport (black) on the lot behind the service garage...delivered 1/5.
I did the same locally $424 over 5% under invoice on a 2 door Rubi.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic

Good to hear. I have a friend from the Morton area - we jokingly call him "the Mayor of Pumpkinville". :)

Sponsored

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Iā€™ve been working with Vito at Nielsen in NJ, great guy. Iā€™m discussing a few things with him so no order yet but at 3% off invoice itā€™s the best deal so far in Jersey.

jeepFisher_md

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara (Billet)
Shouldnt us Md, Va, Pa, NJ people check out Delaware dealers to save on sales tax? Anyone know of any good Delaware dealers?

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
so basically
Shouldnt us Md, Va, Pa, NJ people check out Delaware dealers to save on sales tax? Anyone know of any good Delaware dealers?
You pay the tax of the state you register they vehicle in. No escaping the tax man...

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Since we're both in NY would you mind giving up the dealer info? If it's a NY dealer, you only had a $75 doc fee, correct?
Sponsored