Recent soft top window changes

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If people can't get them from mopar or bestop, I could pop them off my 2023 and reverse engineer them and make them if there is enough interest.
Color me interested. 👍

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any new-news on a possible replacement part search for the Mopar 68430118AA Insert replacement part?

Figured I'd hit you up again on this since it'll be pretty popular once it's found.
The part # 68430118AA is still active and has not been replaced. There are also no descriptions matching this part in the 2022/2023 data.

Unrelated but there was a change made to the top design. I attached this info here if anyone is interested.

- Benny

Attachments

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
If people can't get them from mopar or bestop, I could pop them off my 2023 and reverse engineer them and make them if there is enough interest.
I'm in for some of these if you make them!

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
The part # 68430118AA is still active and has not been replaced. There are also no descriptions matching this part in the 2022/2023 data.

Unrelated but there was a change made to the top design. I attached this info here if anyone is interested.

- Benny
Benny--

Is this something that is available for retrofit...the new cable design? Also--is this a 4DR Soft Top change only?

Thank you for checking again on the insert. Fully understood that it's not available yet.

Cheers!

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
This must be a 4 door thing cause my 23 has the old standard bullet design.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
also interested...for me, the most difficult part of putting those side windows back is getting them started on that slider...

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Benny--

Is this something that is available for retrofit...the new cable design? Also--is this a 4DR Soft Top change only?

Thank you for checking again on the insert. Fully understood that it's not available yet.

Cheers!
There is one 2 Door part # for which it applies to as well. From my understanding there is no retrofit/upgrade without ordering the new top material. In addition here is a note from Mopar on this change:

The Soft Top Cover has a new design that does not have fabric tabs for the paddle brackets. The tabs for the paddle brackets are replaced with side roller brackets 68430140AA and 68430141AA. If old top has these fabric tabs you must also order roller brackets 68430140AA and 68430141AA for the new top

- Benny

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
OrneryBear-- Any chance you are still interested in scanning/printing those soft-top guide inserts? I check Bestop once in awhile (and Mopar) and it seems like they aren't available after-market as a repair or replacement part. Still interested on my end! I can also help foot the bill for Labor/materials...

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
OrneryBear-- Any chance you are still interested in scanning/printing those soft-top guide inserts? I check Bestop once in awhile (and Mopar) and it seems like they aren't available after-market as a repair or replacement part. Still interested on my end! I can also help foot the bill for Labor/materials...
I've just not gotten around to it. I have a million things on the "let me just cad model this" list. This is simple enough I don't need to scan it, just measure it and cad it up.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T