Rear window tint

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I'm currently installing a diy hardtop liner. While I'm working on it, I wondered about tinting the rear windows even darker. Like, as dark as possible. Has anyone else done those pre-cut online tint shops?

I NEVER use the 2 side rear windows. I've actually considered just painting them black.

Any opinions/tint suggestions on this?
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
If your talking about just tinting the windows in the hardtop, that's probably $100 at a professional tint shop. At least around here. Good results with a DIY kit are hard to get. Good luck and post pics if you do try...

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Just get them tinted. Black paint would be so ugly and it would eventually flake. It would be a mess and it would smell.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If you want them blacked out, I would suggest a vinyl wrap over the glass. Inside would look best. If you want tint, limo/5%. In either case, pay a pro to do it.

Also, can’t recall who makes it, there’s a hatch kit that replaces the windows with solid covers. Gives you easy access to the cargo area.

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If you want them blacked out, I would suggest a vinyl wrap over the glass. Inside would look best. If you want tint, limo/5%. In either case, pay a pro to do it.

Also, can’t recall who makes it, there’s a hatch kit that replaces the windows with solid covers. Gives you easy access to the cargo area.
This for sure. And as far as swapping out the glass to make it useful, then get a Rebel Offroad black out window storage. Might as well get storage out of it lol

https://rebeloffroad.com/Jeep_Wrangler_blackout_window_storage/

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I did as dark as possible and used the UV heat block tint from my buddies shop. Cut down heat over 40%.

I'm currently installing a diy hardtop liner. While I'm working on it, I wondered about tinting the rear windows even darker. Like, as dark as possible. Has anyone else done those pre-cut online tint shops?

I NEVER use the 2 side rear windows. I've actually considered just painting them black.

Any opinions/tint suggestions on this?

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The UV tint works really good you will be surprised how much heat it blocks. I have clear on the windshield as well

This is probably the route I'll go. @T4STE That blackout kit, while cool, just isn't quite in my budget..

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
what the heck is uv tint???

damn near all tint products today block 99% of uv

what you are looking for is a ceramic tint because they are known for their heat rejection.

https://lexen.com/products/koolmax-2ply-supreme-ceramic-window-film-roll

highly suggested.

PS. if it is just your rear side back windows a monkey could tint those, since they are extremely flat. don't need a pro.

yes it takes a slight amount of practice.
Sponsored