Rear/Interior Camera

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi! This is probably a weird question, but is it possible to connect an interior (or 3rd) camera to the 2021 JLU 8.4 uconnect? I have two dogs (dogs > kids) that are frequently with me. My one dog is a little broken (he was abused, and I rescued him). He likes the window down but not for long. Usually, he'll let me know when he wants it up/down, but not always - I'll look in the back and he'll be hiding his face.

Anyway, is it possible to add an interior 3rd camera? I assume not, but it's worth asking.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hi! This is probably a weird question, but is it possible to connect an interior (or 3rd) camera to the 2021 JLU 8.4 uconnect? I have two dogs (dogs > kids) that are frequently with me. My one dog is a little broken (he was abused, and I rescued him). He likes the window down but not for long. Usually, he'll let me know when he wants it up/down, but not always - I'll look in the back and he'll be hiding his face.

Anyway, is it possible to add an interior 3rd camera? I assume not, but it's worth asking.
Just get a cheap baby monitor for when the pooch is back there? There isn't a 3rd input on the 8.4.

OP
OP

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just get a cheap baby monitor for when the pooch is back there? There isn't a 3rd input on the 8.4.
Gotcha, I figured there wouldn't be a third input.

I actually have RV rear monitor I was thinking of seeing I can find a camera for it

OP
OP

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the AC plug in the back seat? Easy AC power on the move.
Yes, I do. I'm also thinking of using one of my old phones and using my phone as a monitor... I'll figure something out

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes, I do. I'm also thinking of using one of my old phones and using my phone as a monitor... I'll figure something out
You could even get a cheap Wyse cam off Amazon and just plug it into a USB port. Turn your phone into a hotspot, connect it to that and you can view on phone or tablet. Bit of a PIA everytime dog wants to go for a spin though. I really think a used baby monitor off marketplace would be cehapest and easier route.

Good luck!
Sponsored