Alex12213

Alex12213

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Wrangler
I have a 2019 JL 2 door Rubicon all stock. I have only 8000 kms on it and according to the dealer it needs a new rear diff gear kit (part number 6840136AA) which is on back order. They have no timeline as to when the part will be in stock, and it has already been 2 weeks since it was in for service. They also canā€™t seem to give me a straight answer as to why the part is not available. Very frustration as i can only operate the Jeep in 2 wheel drive. Luckily it will be covered under warranty, but will be sticking to the pavement until it is fixed. Could there possibly be an upcoming recall? Anyone know the answer? Disappointed as well.
I have been a month with my Jeep in the shop for what I am assuming to be the same issue.
Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Any metal flakes/chunks....suspended "glitter" isn't uncommon...but did you run your hand in the bottom of a (clean before you drained into it) pan?

Did you add back in the required friction modifier (I'm assuming you did)?

Did you spray out the internals of the case with brake/carb cleaner while the covers were off?
Don't really feel the need to pull the cover off. This is a 5/60 powertrain warranty. All failures i have read have been fairly early on.

4x4Trailing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I received a phone call from the Jeep dealership today regarding the rear differential gear kit on back order for the Rubicon. They estimated that they will receive the kit On March 26th, 2020. The part apparently isnā€™t available anywhere
in Canada according to Chrysler Canada.
The correct parts finally arrived and the issue was finally fixed yesterday. Have only been waiting since January 20th to be able to use 4wd again :). Better late than never. The 4wd works likes a charm now, thankfully.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
The correct parts finally arrived and the issue was finally fixed yesterday. Have only been waiting since January 20th to be able to use 4wd again :). Better late than never. The 4wd works likes a charm now, thankfully.

I guess this is Rubicon recall only ?

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2019 JL 2 door Rubicon all stock. I have only 8000 kms on it and according to the dealer it needs a new rear diff gear kit (part number 6840136AA) which is on back order. They have no timeline as to when the part will be in stock, and it has already been 2 weeks since it was in for service. They also canā€™t seem to give me a straight answer as to why the part is not available. Very frustration as i can only operate the Jeep in 2 wheel drive. Luckily it will be covered under warranty, but will be sticking to the pavement until it is fixed. Could there possibly be an upcoming recall? Anyone know the answer? Disappointed as well.
I'm SOOOPER cunfuzed why you couldn't use 4wd with a REAR carrier issue? Did you yank the rear shaft and just run around in front wheel drive?

If you were still driving it at all the rear carrier is propelling you forward 100% of the time -- again, unless you removed the rear driveshaft -- and engaging 4wd won't make a difference

4x4Trailing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I'm SOOOPER cunfuzed why you couldn't use 4wd with a REAR carrier issue? Did you yank the rear shaft and just run around in front wheel drive?

If you were still driving it at all the rear carrier is propelling you forward 100% of the time -- again, unless you removed the rear driveshaft -- and engaging 4wd won't make a difference
As per the service department, I left it in 2wd while waiting for the part and it drove fine. Iā€™m no mechanic. I believe they just left it how it was until the proper parts arrived.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
As per the service department, I left it in 2wd while waiting for the part and it drove fine. Iā€™m no mechanic. I believe they just left it how it was until the proper parts arrived.
Ok then the svc dept is either stupid or they were just being super extra mega incredibly ridiculously cautious.....'cause, well, it makes no sense. It's like saying since your right arm has a hairline fracture you can still use that arm all day, just don't use both arms together.

Either way, hope your issues get cured and stay that way.

Sponsored

Nottfamous

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
My 2018 JLU Sahara has been popping for a while. Took it in last week. Getting rear end replaced. Is it worth asking them to replace front and rear with Rub parts?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2018 JLU Sahara has been popping for a while. Took it in last week. Getting rear end replaced. Is it worth asking them to replace front and rear with Rub parts?
Hi @Nottfamous
Thanks for stating your concerns here, and please know that our team is happy to help! If you have any questions during your dealer visit or would like additional support, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

jeepeta

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited 80th Anniversary
I've been lurking on these forums for some time now and was super excited to post my new purchase -- a 2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th Anniversary edition (Diesel!)

Purchased my car out of state. Flew to Las Vegas to pick up the car on Friday. I was driving the Jeep around the city during the weekend to do a break-in before heading back to Los Angeles. At mile 200 (Yes, TWO HUNDRED) I heard a mechanical pop then started hearing the rotational knock that OP described. The knock was only present when decelerating (foot off the pedal).

I took it to the dealership the Jeep tech said there was metal in the differential and recommends we replace the unit. It's covered under warranty, but just going to take 1 week minimum to repair.

I write this from the lobby of Desert 215 Superstore dealership as I wait .... it has not been a pleasant experience.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear differential crap out Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 12.15.04 PM
Sponsored

Last edited: