DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I am at a computer. I did call FCA Cares, they told me since the dealership said Jiffy Lube put in to much oil, it was not under warranty. They also told me to take it to another dealership and get a 2nd opinion and have them look at it. This 1st dealership just told me the radiator was cracked also. I haven't had any overheating issues. So I'm going to pick it up and take it over to another dealership for a 2nd opinion. See how that works out. Really disappointed in customer care at Jeep. This vehicles are supposedly made to be taken off road, I really haven't been that hard on it, really. It is my daily driver so I've been pretty gentle with it by all means really. The few mud holes I hit, come on, really? Of course there is a lot of mud under there, even with trying to clean it off. Confidence is dwindling...SF Woody
As I said before, contact @JeepCares not FCAcares. @JeepCares works with folks on this forum. Let us know once they've tried to help you. Btw, do you have pics of the Jeep and pics of the leaks?
Sponsored

OP
OP

wsky70

First Name
Mike (Woody)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
As I said before, contact @JeepCares not FCAcares. @JeepCares works with folks on this forum. Let us know once they've tried to help you. Btw, do you have pics of the Jeep and pics of the leaks?
Thought it was the same, I will contact them if I need to. This new dealership seemed like they already knew about 1st dealership standing, ...and this issue wouldn't be a problem. I will find out more tomorrow. Will also post up a better post from computer. Try to upload a pic...

20190227_155148.jpg

20190226_145524.jpg

OP
OP

wsky70

First Name
Mike (Woody)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Oil coming from both holes, small drip off left side of radiator...

OP
OP

wsky70

First Name
Mike (Woody)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Just an update. I went to pick up the Jeep and was told by the tech the radiator was cracked, the condenser was toast and the vehicle had been submerged under water for more than 24 hours. I told him it had never been submerged and he insisted that it had and he could prove it to me. Said wear and tear was more than excessive, pretty much been abused. He told me to look at the exhaust, I did and didn't see to much and gave him a look. He pointed out dried mud on it and said he had never saw one look like that. He dropped it down and told me to look at the inside of the hood, it had mud splatter on it as well as numerous other splatter areas in the compartment. After a few minutes of going back and forth, he went over to another car to start working on it. I told the service tech to get my vehicle ready, I was taking it somewhere else. I will never go back to that dealer. Customer service needs a lot of work there. (Mojave Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep of Barstow, Ca)

So I took it to another dealer. They are replacing the main seal under warranty. They also did not find a leak in my radiator. Said nothing about the condenser. Nothing found on the Jeep that they wouldn't consider normal off road use. Couldn't find anything to say it had been submerged. When the tech called me back his 1st recommendation was "never go back to that dealer" Besides having to wait a few weeks for replacement parts, they seem to be locked on in customer service and what they are doing. They even gave me a loaner, A Rubicon. Joked with them about it, saying they were trying to up sale me. That will be my go to shop if needed in the future. Thanks for all the input, very much appreciated....Semper Fi, Woody

TrillestSon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
HA wow. So eerily similar to what I have been dealing with. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dust-in-cab-voiding-warranty-repair.24905/

Dealer immediately accuses me of submerging my Rubicon. Totally taken aback that there is dust in it and mud underneath (God forbid). Meanwhile in the commercial they are literally fording a river and driving up a waterfall. Sketch dealer techs suck. Jeep should address dealers that try to pull this.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Do dealer service departments make more money when charging the customers vs billing FCA for warranty work? I suppose they do and that’s why they try to deny warranty work without even submitting it to FCA for approval. I suppose dealerships try to screw over the customer by over charging for parts and labor which they can’t do when FCA is paying the bill instead of the customer.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Do dealer service departments make more money when charging the customers vs billing FCA for warranty work? I suppose they do and that’s why they try to deny warranty work without even submitting it to FCA for approval. I suppose dealerships try to screw over the customer by over charging for parts and labor which they can’t do when FCA is paying the bill instead of the customer.
They make more money from customer paid work than from warranty work, but they are still getting paid for the work.

OP
OP

wsky70

First Name
Mike (Woody)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
HA wow. So eerily similar to what I have been dealing with. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dust-in-cab-voiding-warranty-repair.24905/

Dealer immediately accuses me of submerging my Rubicon. Totally taken aback that there is dust in it and mud underneath (God forbid). Meanwhile in the commercial they are literally fording a river and driving up a waterfall. Sketch dealer techs suck. Jeep should address dealers that try to pull this.
Saw this, seems like I wasn't the only one getting a run around. I took it to another and didn't have any problems with it. Hope you can do the same. I'm not sure what is up with some of these dealers not wanting to fix things that seem normal for what Jeep was made to do...Good Luck...Semper Fi, Woody

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler JL
Just an update. I went to pick up the Jeep and was told by the tech the radiator was cracked, the condenser was toast and the vehicle had been submerged under water for more than 24 hours. I told him it had never been submerged and he insisted that it had and he could prove it to me. Said wear and tear was more than excessive, pretty much been abused. He told me to look at the exhaust, I did and didn't see to much and gave him a look. He pointed out dried mud on it and said he had never saw one look like that. He dropped it down and told me to look at the inside of the hood, it had mud splatter on it as well as numerous other splatter areas in the compartment. After a few minutes of going back and forth, he went over to another car to start working on it. I told the service tech to get my vehicle ready, I was taking it somewhere else. I will never go back to that dealer. Customer service needs a lot of work there. (Mojave Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep of Barstow, Ca)

So I took it to another dealer. They are replacing the main seal under warranty. They also did not find a leak in my radiator. Said nothing about the condenser. Nothing found on the Jeep that they wouldn't consider normal off road use. Couldn't find anything to say it had been submerged. When the tech called me back his 1st recommendation was "never go back to that dealer" Besides having to wait a few weeks for replacement parts, they seem to be locked on in customer service and what they are doing. They even gave me a loaner, A Rubicon. Joked with them about it, saying they were trying to up sale me. That will be my go to shop if needed in the future. Thanks for all the input, very much appreciated....Semper Fi, Woody
So glad I found this thread. I'm going through the same thing with my 2019 JL that only has 1500 miles. This is ridiculous. The tech was rude, hard to get a hold of and took a week to get me an answer and was Denied warranty. Im waiting for a call back from jeep cares... hopefully this can get fixed. It's insane that after paying such a nice chunk of money, I run into this kind of problem so quick and then being denied warranty ... Staying positive and hoping for a speedy resolution.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Well, I have been to TWO dealerships that give Jeep a bad name. Keep in mind that the dealerships do what they have to do to keep themselves from being screwed by JEEP; but that's beside the point. On your tailgate, there is a plate showing the maximum water fording level that is acceptable. Try comparing it to the rear main seal level. I am not sure but at least that might rule out PART of the dealership's excuses.Does your receipt from Jiffy Lube state how many quarts were added, when you had it changed?
Sponsored