Sponsored

Rear Cargo Mat Help

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Looking for a quality rear cargo mat that stuff will not slide around on easily. The Mopar version does not appear to cover the area well.

So far the Quadratech Ultimate mat looks like it might work but I can’t tell if the material is slippery or more rubberized like the mopar floor mats.

Can anyone share their knowledge in this one.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...cargo-liner-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door-unlimited
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
It looks very similar to the Rugged Ridge floor mats, which I have. They're sort of a harder rubber/plastic material; if you get in with wet shoes/ boots, you can slide a bit on them. I like them but I've definitely stepped into the Jeep and almost slid before.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Looking for a quality rear cargo mat that stuff will not slide around on easily. The Mopar version does not appear to cover the area well.

So far the Quadratech Ultimate mat looks like it might work but I can’t tell if the material is slippery or more rubberized like the mopar floor mats.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...cargo-liner-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door-unlimited
I have the Husky Liners Weatherbeater cargo liner and it has been outstanding. It, too, is a rubber/plastic material that is hard, but does have some grab to it and I have found that unless something is lightweight and hard material things don't slide all over the place. It very easy to clean and a perfect fit in my cargo area. I have the upgraded sound system with the subwoofer, so got the version with the cutout to the right that fits under the speaker housing perfectly. If you don't have the sub, then you would get the other version. Hope that helps a bit!

Cheers

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Cargo Mat Help 1610865558122

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
check your email for some information you might find helpful

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
Following as I'm looking for one too, but have the same concerns. I like the mopar mat for grip... but don't like that it doesn't cover the entire bed.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I am on my second set of Quadratec mats. I had them in our JKU and bought the JLU mats before our JLU arrived. They are a hard plastic but it covers the entire area and fits perfectly. It has a lip that prevents liquids from getting out.

Not sure what you are putting back there, but we put muddy shoes and cleats back there and under normal driving conditions you don’t hear them sliding around. Other than that we usually have baseball gear back there and no issues with stuff flying around.

OP
OP
Namakan

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I am on my second set of Quadratec mats. I had them in our JKU and bought the JLU mats before our JLU arrived. They are a hard plastic but it covers the entire area and fits perfectly. It has a lip that prevents liquids from getting out.

Not sure what you are putting back there, but we put muddy shoes and cleats back there and under normal driving conditions you don’t hear them sliding around. Other than that we usually have baseball gear back there and no issues with stuff flying around.
The other day I put a couple of 12 packs of soda in back and they slid side to side. I feel as though a rubber material more like the mopar floor mats would limit this from happening. My guess is the Quadratech and others would not have enough grip to hold a flat heavy box in place during normal driving.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
The other day I put a couple of 12 packs of soda in back and they slid side to side. I feel as though a rubber material more like the mopar floor mats would limit this from happening. My guess is the Quadratech and others would not have enough grip to hold a flat heavy box in place during normal driving.
Actually, my Husky Liners one does. The surface of the mat is roughened so that really only the lightest, flattest items would do any sliding. I seriously have not had any issues and all stays in place very well, unless you're doing high-speed, 90-degree turns with your Jeep. LOL :CWL:

The quality of the mat is excellent. I've used Husky Liners floor mats now for three of our vehicles and they are just as good or better than Weathertech and other competitors. Very happy with the fit, and this cargo liner is a precise cut, with the lip to keep any spills from causing a mess (something that has already saved the day a couple of times...). I think you'd like it, but obviously your call completely!

coolstorm92

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude

I use the Quadratec mat in my JLU and I am very pleased with the quality, thickness, durability, and fitment.

It is much better than the Rugged Ridge one. I bought that and returned it immediately as the fit is slop and the material is flimsy.

I have not used the Husky Liners because I do not like the look and they are overpriced or Weathertech because the price is too high and it does not have a raised lip all the way around.

In terms of stuff sliding, the material of Quadratec is not soft and stuff can slide. The material has raised parts so that helps but things may still slide.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Cargo Mat Help jl_wrangler_quadratec_cargo_mat.JPG
Sponsored