Sponsored

Mopar Rear Cargo Mat - Any word on a redesign?

JLUSSOBRTP

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I've been trying to hold off on buying the Mopar one since it doesn't cover the entire cargo area; however, I very much like the backseat covers, that it matches my all weather mats, and that gap hider comes along with it (cloth seats here). Was looking at purchasing just the gap hider itself, and it is almost just as expensive as buying the cargo mats with it. I think they lack of covering on the side is meant to accommodate the Trail Rail System, but it also looks like the mat doesn't go completely to the end of the back either.

Any info if they are planning some redesign with 2019s? If no redesign, anyone know of a company producing just covers for the backseats? I've looked at the Canvasback, but they're just not my jam. Also, I may put in a Trail Rail System at some point instead of having D Rings. Canvasback locks me into one option or the other, so an expensive item I may have to repurchase.

Finally, if one of you have the mat(s), I'm thinking about getting the Mopar ones + a $20 "cut your own mat" to cover the whole area. If I did, would the latter lay under the Mopar cargo area piece easily?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLUSSOBRTP

JLUSSOBRTP

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Here is a mat I just got for my 2-door. Check this one out.

FLSteve

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-rear-seats-removed.11173/page-4#post-394570
Oh man. That does indeed look nice. I went ahead and bit the bullet and got the OEM ones for the gap hider along with them. I have dogs and would hate their paws to go in the gap. As a work around, I bought a trim to fit $15 mat from Walmart, cut out holes for the d-rings, and stuck it under the OEM. Maybe I'll get eventually get a trail rail and it won't matter anymore. :)
Sponsored