Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I just dropped off a hinged tire carrier and rear bumper from Cavfab, to the powder coater. I'll report back about how it works out with the sensors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpers without backup sensor issues 20201206_160941

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumpers without backup sensor issues 20201206_161213

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I just dropped off a hinged tire carrier and rear bumper from Cavfab, to the powder coater. I'll report back about how it works out with the sensors.

That looks great, please do. I like my LOD stuff but I would really like to have the back up sensors working. More so for my wife but seeing is limited for sure with the big tire and getting in and out of parking spaces.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
LOD claims they have no record of sensor issues with bumper without carrier. Has anyone used just the bumper with sensors and confirmed they work?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great, please do. I like my LOD stuff but I would really like to have the back up sensors working. More so for my wife but seeing is limited for sure with the big tire and getting in and out of parking spaces.
I'm having them finished to match the Mopar front steel bumper, which I don't plan on switching out. Should have them back by the 16th, and want to mount them up asap. I'll definitely report back with some before and after pics and any thoughts concerning the install and whatnot.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
It took me 1 week - but I've finally solved the sensor issue I was having with my rear Rugged Ridge bumper.

I'll just mention the fix here - in case it can help you.

Bumper angle

Installed bumper - worked perfect 1 week.

I did a little work on my bumper one day - and then it was a solid red bar every time in reverse saying something is right there. I removed the spare tire - warning gone.

I angled the bumper facing down.

Red bar gone, but now solid yellow saying something is 2 bars behind me. Even with no spare on.

Tilted bumper up just a smidge - no more issues.

It's more complicated than that LOL - I spent 2 hours yesterday with a socket adjusting it, spare tire on and off, placing objects behind me in different spaces - but it all came down to angle.

So the sensors would pick up the ground if angled down too much, and the spare if up too much.

I have to have it in a sweet spot. So, it might just be the same for you.

I'd loosen all the bumper bolts and just nudge it up or down.

I just kept the Jeep running. Adjust, jump back in, shift to reverse and see the results instantly.

Good luck.

BTW - there is a video on YT I saw specifically for rear LOD bumper and how to fix the issue if you want to reposition the sensor angles yourself inside of the bumper instead of doing what I did.

However, the video name was nothing to do with LOD so I can't find it. It was something like How Not To Install Bumper or Disappointed with my Bumper something which is too bad cuz it was good info...
Sponsored