Sponsored

Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top feedback?

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
What, if anything, does anyone know about the Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top ?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Yogi

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
What, if anything, does anyone know about the Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top ?
Bump ...
Anyone?
Anything ... good, bad, indifferent?

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched an install video, looks like it's pretty good. Qudratec has them for $808 unitl 9/30.
I am looking for feedback on how it holds up flapping/leaks-wise.
If it doesn't leak, it looks like a good alternative to the BestTop one that is similar.
EDIT- also for $785 on eBay Top on eBay

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched an install video, looks like it's pretty good. Qudratec has them for $808 unitl 9/30.
I am looking for feedback on how it holds up flapping/leaks-wise.
If it doesn't leak, it looks like a good alternative to the BestTop one that is similar.
EDIT- also for $785 on eBay Top on eBay
Quadratec must be fire sailing them then because I just bought one from them last night for $686. I chose this over the Besttop because of the integrated window storage.

Sponsored

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^ me too, I had it on my wishlist, but when I looked yesterday the price drop made me buy it! I hope I am not disappointed.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I will post up when I get it put on, and this is the start of soft-top weather for me, so I'll be able to see how it performs right away!

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
I installed my Rampage Trailview Fastback Top over the weekend and I thought I would share a few thoughts that might prove helpful to others.
  • Double check the labeling of the parts. My front door surround brackets and the middle door surround brackets were mislabeled and it took me several hours to get this correct. The front door surround brackets are the shorter ones; all the remaining brackets are the same size.
  • The front latches are right and left specific, even though this isn't stated in the instructions. The latches themselves should vertically line up with the latch mechanism of the top.
  • Other than the above, installation is very straightforward.

The kit is well engineered. The side and rear fastback windows install and remove easily. As a bonus, a storage bag for these is included.

Sponsored

Taaronk

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I have some questions/issues I ran into installed yesterday:

1) is the plastic “hook” on the front supposed to go into the windshield channel?

2) should I have removed/cut the tail gate liner where the window bar bracts are mounted? It doesn’t seem to sit/seat very well and it seems like this may be the cause.
In addition, the rear window plastic clips seem excessively hard to get in place and I wonder if this is the cause.

3) related to question 1 - anytime I get up over 65 mph it gets LOOOOOOUD! It seems like the wind is getting in through a small gap at the front, which I think would be fixed if the plastic “hook” was in the windshield channel.

Other than these issues I’ve been really enjoying it, but the wind speed / sound issue could be a deal breaker if I can’t solve it - I live in the country and spend a fair bit of time on highways.

Garcia.Missie

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2door
I have some questions/issues I ran into installed yesterday:

1) is the plastic “hook” on the front supposed to go into the windshield channel?

2) should I have removed/cut the tail gate liner where the window bar bracts are mounted? It doesn’t seem to sit/seat very well and it seems like this may be the cause.
In addition, the rear window plastic clips seem excessively hard to get in place and I wonder if this is the cause.

3) related to question 1 - anytime I get up over 65 mph it gets LOOOOOOUD! It seems like the wind is getting in through a small gap at the front, which I think would be fixed if the plastic “hook” was in the windshield channel.

Other than these issues I’ve been really enjoying it, but the wind speed / sound issue could be a deal breaker if I can’t solve it - I live in the country and spend a fair bit of time on highways.

Garcia.Missie

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2door
I am having the same issues. The windshield just doesn’t seal and it is really loud. The door surrounds also don’t seal very well but I guess I could live with that. Did you get the plastic hook to go into the window channel?

FAFDAFF5-21F9-43C1-93AF-5ECF372F86F5.jpeg

8B3E6EBC-AA7D-4AD5-8654-58D3680724C0.jpeg

6B1A2FB3-3057-40D7-9DF7-9569F73C7B13.jpeg

EFCA5FA0-CFB9-4AD3-A9FC-CB3F0A0D01B3.jpeg

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Quadratec must be fire sailing them then because I just bought one from them last night for $686. I chose this over the Besttop because of the integrated window storage.
integrated what now
I love my trektop, but I gotta look into this.
Sponsored