TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @JefDuro, I'd be happy to make you one. I literally use mine every single time I get in the Jeep! The first thing I do is mount my phone, THEN I get on with everything else. :)

If anyone wants one of these here's what I'm thinking (for those in the continental US):
  • $75 for an unpainted one - that way you can do it any color you want to match your situation.
  • $100 for one painted like mine (Rustoleum Carbon Mist). It looks really nice in the dark interior.
  • $20 flat rate shipping. Because I'm going to have to find a box, and actually ship it. :)
If you want one just PM me your shipping info, email and phone number, and I'll send you an invoice via email from my company (Texas Metal Works).
John, have you lowered the design of this yet?
Sponsored

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Yukon Denali, 2006 F350, 2006 AMG CLK55
Occupation
Troublemaker
John, have you lowered the design of this yet?
I did lower it in my design, but I didn't make a new one for my own Jeep because I'm lazy. :) But basically the design is only about 1/4" lower because as it turns out you still have to leave enough room to get standard clamps around it end to end. If I lowered it a little more you would be able to fit clamps around it in the middle, but not on either end.

The funny thing is I'm totally used to the original one that I used to think was too high. So it doesn't bother me at all now, and even my 5' tall passengers are immune to it as well! I think it was just the initial shock of going from nothing there, to something that seemed weird. But you get over it pretty quickly.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

Sponsored

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
$30 plus shipping is too much for just a ball.
It was worth it to me. I needed a mount for a 10" tablet with a Ram mount I already had instead of dropping more money on something like 67 Designs dash mount. Not a fan of having devices mounted to the top of the dash anyway. Plus I'm too lazy to try and find a screw that had the right threads. ;)

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I did lower it in my design, but I didn't make a new one for my own Jeep because I'm lazy. :) But basically the design is only about 1/4" lower because as it turns out you still have to leave enough room to get standard clamps around it end to end. If I lowered it a little more you would be able to fit clamps around it in the middle, but not on either end.

The funny thing is I'm totally used to the original one that I used to think was too high. So it doesn't bother me at all now, and even my 5' tall passengers are immune to it as well! I think it was just the initial shock of going from nothing there, to something that seemed weird. But you get over it pretty quickly.
i hope you patented your design so no-one steals it.

COHiker

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @JefDuro, I'd be happy to make you one. I literally use mine every single time I get in the Jeep! The first thing I do is mount my phone, THEN I get on with everything else. :)

If anyone wants one of these here's what I'm thinking (for those in the continental US):
  • $75 for an unpainted one - that way you can do it any color you want to match your situation.
  • $100 for one painted like mine (Rustoleum Carbon Mist). It looks really nice in the dark interior.
  • $20 flat rate shipping. Because I'm going to have to find a box, and actually ship it. :)
If you want one just PM me your shipping info, email and phone number, and I'll send you an invoice via email from my company (Texas Metal Works).
@JohnP are you still making these?

Sponsored

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR

Abheer madhok

First Name
Abheer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.0 Petrol
So i wanted to throw this out there

I did this for a cell phone mount for me but somehow my wife has taken this cell phone mount from me

Parts
Sheet Metal Screw 14x2
1/4" spacer that will fit in the ram mount (Not necessary if you can find a 14x1.75 Length Sheet metal screw)
Ram-B-367-UN7U Motorcycle mount with cell phone holder

OPTIONAL
If you just want the ball without the holder or extension this would be what you would need to run RAM-B-367-U

Installation
Unscrew the stock Hex screw and install the ball with the spacer inside.

4Kl1We0.jpg

75wm4r4.jpg

R2iNnBX.jpg

DdopCDQ.jpg
Will this mount work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHCUNG2?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

inbound4647296167744224640.jpg

Avi8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JL 2 Door
Thanks for the write up. This setup works well.
Sponsored