Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
question though: do these types of rain covers fit over the door mirrors?
The Rain Gear has cut-outs through which the mirrors protrude. There is a flap that wraps around the mirror base and secures with Velcro. When the doors are off, the flap covers the hole.
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I have the mopar cover. Used it many times for over night protection in the driveway when my garage has been full of crap and on long trips without the top. It’s definitely nice to have and I don’t have any regrets with it. It’s been in the rain a few times and has worked really well. No water got in, although I’d recommend sticking a tall pole in the second row to keep water from pooling in the middle weighing it down. Long term it should hold up but over time the only thing I see hurting this cover is UV rays from the sun as it’ll start to break down the cover material and fade it. At that point I’ll just buy another one.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I would like a rain cover that I could drive the Jeep back to the cabin when a downpour hits us on the trails. Not highway running....just creeping home and staying dry. Have yet to find anything.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I have a hard top that we love taking the top off of, but I would like something like this to be able to keep the top off all weekend and not have to worry about the random FL shower.

Sponsored

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
I would like a rain cover that I could drive the Jeep back to the cabin when a downpour hits us on the trails. Not highway running....just creeping home and staying dry. Have yet to find anything.
Have you looked at Master tops summer combo? Have one love it; been caught in rain all over and it's been alright. Driven highway speeds on highway in rain and didn't get wet.

I travel with summer combo on, bring tarp and bungee cords and throw tarp over at night (do not drive with tarp on). Works like a charm. I have a photo, I'll add it.

EDIT:
I have my hard top off essentially from now until winter. Added photo.

EDIT 2:
I also took out carpet and have Line-X everywhere in tub.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain / Overnight Cover - Topless 20200704_180329

Last edited:

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
Have you looked at Master tops summer combo? Have one love it; been caught in rain all over and it's been alright. Driven highway speeds on highway in rain and didn't get wet.

I travel with summer combo on, bring tarp and bungee cords and throw tarp over at night (do not drive with tarp on). Works like a charm. I have a photo, I'll add it.

EDIT:
I have my hard top off essentially from now until winter. Added photo.

EDIT 2:
I also took out carpet and have Line-X everywhere in tub.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain / Overnight Cover - Topless 20200704_180329
Thank you !! Going to check that out.

huyfishin

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.huyfishin.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Paint Protection Film Installer and Glass tinter
once we accessories on our jeeps like a roof rack ect i'm guessing I have to use a universal jeep one am I correct? Mopar is made to fit on a stock jeep only?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I have the Quadratec cover. It's light and soft and quick to install, but feels kind of absorbent. I recently got the Rain Gear cover. It's heavier, but seems better suited to rain protection, and covers the door frames. I use it overnight every night.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rain / Overnight Cover - Topless 20210415_081639

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic but what wheels are those? I love the red bead lock ring!
They the Mopar Simulated Beadlock wheels. I had the "trim rings" powdercoated in red to match the Rubicon decal. I may go to the true beadlock ring in the future but as of right now I don't have a need for it and finding a tire company around that will install a tire on it can be a pain.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain / Overnight Cover - Topless IMG_4660~photo.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain / Overnight Cover - Topless 62084315871__62437A8D-7ABC-4957-952F-DD686BF9C5BC.JPG

IMG_4659~photo.PNG

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
once we accessories on our jeeps like a roof rack ect i'm guessing I have to use a universal jeep one am I correct? Mopar is made to fit on a stock jeep only?
I'm thinking you'll have to call or email RainGear to get that answer. (if that's the cover you're interested in)

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I think the only option they (Rain Gear) have a special option for is a windshield mounted lightbar. Does your roof rack stay on when your top comes off?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Here's another option. I was hoping to drive fast enough to keep the rain out today, but I gave up at a red light.

This happens multiple times a year, just the first time I catch it on camera.
Sponsored