Sponsored

Quick Poll - Why You Choose Not To Wave?

Why Do You Not Wave (Jeep Wave) To Other Jeeps While Driving ??

• Total voters

ShotOnce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Jeep owner in the SF Bay Area and I always wave, but it's rare that they wave back. Maybe 1 in 20 will wave back, the others either didn't notice or give me the, I don't know you look. There are a lot of Jeeps out here, but most are just mall crawlers. The drivers are either too wrapped up in their phone or are oblivious to the culture. It doesn't stop me from waving and when they wave back, it makes it worth it.
Sponsored

Arpanilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2DR
I’m a female and I wave regardless if I get one back or not. I’ve noticed the women don’t wave at all and the men always look down or pretend to look distracted. But my neighborhood is full of the types mentioned in previous replies.

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
At this moment 68.8% of respondents report driving while distracted / spaced out. That's scary to me. Put the phone down or pull over if you need to catch that pikachu. Crazy people...
I took that as distracted from monitoring wavers or oncoming traffic. I worry about oncoming Jeeps taking inventory of wheels, lifts and accessories of other jeeps rather than focusing on driving.

RustyJeep

First Name
Maxim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL, 2 door, manual.
I always wave. One thing I wonder about is should you wave at someone you pass? It happens a lot on the freeway. Most of the time I try to but they either don’t see me or are pissed I passed them and don’t wave back. So should you wave someone you pass?
I drive a semi truck and truckers wave as we pass each other on interstates, sort of like peace sign forward type wave. During JK years there were more waves, JLs not so much. I thinks it’s because JL’s were made to satisfy the more wealthy and ignorant types of people although i do make payments on a JL currently and no where near wealthy, i did notice considerable rise in Jeeps and drop in waves. NYC isn’t that friendly to begin with so can’t really complain.

Sponsored

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S (previously 2008 JKU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sport)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious about this - As I counted approx. 23 Jeeps on the way home from work yesterday, all of which waved but 1 - So im curious why do you choose not to wave??? And I swear NC is Jeep country I cant believe how many jeeps there are running around here!
I live 10 miles north of the Chrysler Tech Center. You want Jeep country, it's insane here...

miranda_majo

First Name
Miranda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 78 Corvette
At this moment 68.8% of respondents report driving while distracted / spaced out. That's scary to me. Put the phone down or pull over if you need to catch that pikachu. Crazy people...
Personally I clicked this option because there was no option for concentrating on road/looking for a location. I wave at all Jeeps I pass and I'd have to say less than half wave back.

ravinmaniac

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I don't wave when I drove my CJ in the 80's I did but now there are too many Jeeps on the road and my hand gets tired.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Bought my first CJ in 1980

And the whole wave thing seems like a millennial "notice me please" thing

I don't generally wave at, acknowledge or expect any attention from strangers otherwise

If you wave I will return the "courtesy" if I notice it though

If you worry over things like "why didn't that stranger wave at me?" you probably need to reflect a little on your life

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
I’ve had my new Jeep named Ursula for about 3 weeks now, I waved to a few, but no one waved back, until yesterday, then I received 2!

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I figure Jeep is all about freedom. I choose to initiate a wave every time. If they don’t want to wave back, it’s all good because that’s their choice and that’s what the Jeep is all about. Although, if they do, then they get bonus points and I assume they are cool. :rock:

JLo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2022 JTD
I’ve noticed that I rarely get a wave back on cloudy/rainy days, anyone else? But sunny days when all the jeeps are out everyone’s waving!

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I get more waves in my 03 TJ than I do in my 19 JLUR. It's old school I guess.

I love Jeep and am not one of those "anti corporationy" people, but it kind of ruins the whole wave thing when a company takes it over as a marketing campaign.

I know, stupid, but it bugs me for some reason. Ha ha.

Oh and I don't wave to jeeps with chrome.

Harper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Black and Tan
I'm a new owner, so this is waving thing is really interesting. My whole family is into it. And by into it, I mean they tell at me to wave, but no way in hell are they waving. It's fun though, so I'm in.

One of the parents at my kids school is also a Jeep dad, and we discussed this. He's more of a begrudgingly wave back driver, he's generally introverted, so I get it, but he's taken to jokingly (and quite obnoxiously) waving at me when I walk past him in the hallway at school, which I do find hilarious.

Ruduece71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
I wave, and, most of the time, I get one in return. I notice women in general do not return the wave. My wife drove the Jeep the other day and told me she got a wave. She did not return. I asked her why and she thought it was weird :CWL:
Sponsored