Sponsored

Quick Poll - Why You Choose Not To Wave?

Why Do You Not Wave (Jeep Wave) To Other Jeeps While Driving ??

• Total voters

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Always wave, it isnt like it takes much effort, only time I dont is if I didnt notice. the other Jeep.

Also no big deal if they dont wave back.
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
You forgot the ā€œI donā€™t wave to mall-crawlers because I am better than them since I rock crawl my Jeepā€ option for some of the others on this board.

Last edited:

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I live in a somewhat rural town, we only have 2 McDonald's in a 30 mile radius, but we do have a lot of Jeeps and mostly everyone waves. There's even an old fj or landcruiser that waved at me, I was confused because it looked like a Jeep, I waved back.. I kinda wanted to take it back but cool car either way haha. There's quiet a few Jimnys here too. Once I'm in bigger cities, JLs tend not to wave, old guys usually do, girls not so much. Up in the mountains, mostly everyone waves as well. I chose distracted/spaced out as the question is why do you not wave, I dont wave because I'm distracted driving, not driving distracted. Ok sometimes I'm driving distracted.. with a cheeseburger in my hand.. fat boy problems.:puke:

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
If I'm driving and I notice, I'll wave. Most of the time. If your Jeep looks like a carnival ride, probably not.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I always wave to my new found wrangler brothers and sisters. Zero effort to do my small part in keeping a tradition alive. What other group in the driving community, with more than 2 wheels, displays that level of comradarie? I for one enjoy having more than a higher level of capability that sets us apart from the masses. What sayee, fellow Jeepers?

Sponsored

Jeffkam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I chose spaced out or distracted, because when I miss a wave...its definitely not a choice...but Iā€™m not distracted and disappointed when I miss one.. It actually takes a bit of concentration to pay attention to the types of vehicles that are approaching me. In fact, unlike prior vehicles..when I get in my jeep I enter a complete zone of not giving a sh^t about whatā€™s happening on my phone or the radio. Must be a ā€˜Jeep thingā€™ but when I drive my Jeep...Iā€™ll get there when I get there, anyone is welcome to go around me, and email/text message/social media are unimportant. For the most part, when I dont get a wave...its typically a woman or someone fairly young...but I just keep on doing the wave.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
To be honest, I'm driving, not concentrating on what vehicles are in oncoming lanes
That's usually how I miss a wave right there! The traffic on my commute is pretty intense sometimes so I am concentrating on where the cars around me are and stuff, not really paying attention to what exactly the cars are. If I'm on a nice chill road and see a jeep come along, oh yeah I'll happily wave!

Driving a stock unlimited, I do notice that people with 'roided out rigs tend to not wave back.

My favorite was a month or so ago, I waved to a topless, doorless jeep full of teenagers. The driver flipped me off in return. Damn kids.

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I try to wave every time, even though I probably only get 60% returned. I'm sure I miss some because I'm focused on the road.

That said, every single returned wave makes me happy.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I always wave if I see the them in time. Sometimes I'm concentrating on something else and just forget.
same here. lately i forget to look and wave. also gotta watch out for the other drivers. driving like morons.

Sponsored

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
I always wave unless I am distracted somehow. I am surprised by how many people don't wave at all. Oh well, I did my part.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I always wave whenever I can.

Interesting story. Last year I was at a stop light, top off on my JL, and a guy in a convertible pulled on the left lane besides me, and did a Jeep wave. I waved back with a confused look on my face. The guy smiled, pulled out a Jeep embossed baseball hat from the glove compartment and yelled smiling that his other vehicle is a Wrangler.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Just curious about this - As I counted approx. 23 Jeeps on the way home from work yesterday, all of which waved but 1 - So im curious why do you choose not to wave??? And I swear NC is Jeep country I cant believe how many jeeps there are running around here!
The only time I don't wave is if Im a full highway across from the opposing traffic and don't think they see me. I like the waving, there are so many people in the in and 0uts of the day that don't smile or say hello, this is a way to show some nicety and it feels good. MOST of the time I don't get a wave is from females. 50/50 with women, most men wave. Maybe 10 percent don't. In 1973 my parents bought a new Mazda RX-3. The first year of Mazda in the US. Second I think. Anyway, Mazda people waved because there were so few of them. I loved that camaraderie.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I always wave whenever I can.

Interesting story. Last year I was at a stop light, top off on my JL, and a guy in a convertible pulled on the left lane besides me, and did a Jeep wave. I waved back with a confused look on my face. The guy smiled, pulled out a Jeep embossed baseball hat from the glove compartment and yelled smiling that his other vehicle is a Wrangler.
That is nice. January 11. :) (Capricorn).

Arpanilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2DR
Iā€™ve gotten flak for saying this before but it still stands true.
I generally donā€™t initiate a wave in certain areas where itā€™s not a known culture to wave, where the people buy Jeeps for looks & Starbucks and plays with their cellphones when driving. But Iā€™d still wave back if the person waves first, Iā€™d be surprised but Iā€™d wave back!
Sad to say but, more than half those jeeps donā€™t even go off trail. My neighborhood is full of them too and I never get a wave back from those types
Sponsored