OP
0|||||||0

0|||||||0

First Name
Rosco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sting Grey Tech/Cold Weather/Convenience Package, 18 in Sahara Rims with A/T
Also removing Jeep letters, or replacing jeep or trail rated with a colored badge (rubi, blackout,etc.)
Nice idea...too much badge on the side...in comparison to them taking the JEEP name off the front.
Sponsored

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Just got my Sting Grey JL. I swapped for Sahara rims at the dealer. Let me find out your modifications for about $100 or less that you did right away......and go!
I'd say a stubby antenna is a pretty good cheap mod, those go for about $20. The OEM antenna looks pretty ugly, they should have been black coated. Although the silver ones do match your color, so maybe you're good.

I also put MURICA flags decal on the sides, gotta have that on any Wrangler. Pretty cheap, like $8. (EDIT: I noticed you got one of those too, and they're vent flags which look even better than mine. I am jealous)

I strapped a fire extinguisher on the C-pillar roll bar. Strap + fire extinguisher is around $70 or so. Out of all the "cheap mods" I'd say this is the most important one. Also, don't forget medical supplies and a good flashlight!

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Alien shield, stubby antenna, floor mats, sill guards, removed euro bumper, LED replacement bulbs, CB (all told just a little over 100, but below 200), K&N air filter.

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Good thinking...I had those on my JK, it worked so well that I forgot I used them. Thanks
How exactly are y’all doing that?

Thanks

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I think the stubby antenna makes a huge difference in appearance. I went with the 21 inch from extreme terrain. Also, I second removing the unlimited decal.

nibeckd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looks good, how long has it been on? My locks peeled pretty quickly and I never used them, curious how yours are doing.
Couple of weeks. I don't use the locks. So far, no peel.

Sponsored

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase

Jeslokin

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Punk'n)
What are you using to remove the stickers and badges so as not to harm the paint/cc?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A good quick mod is to acquire a duffel bag, back pack, etc. and start throwing things in it you might need like bug repellent, blanket, ponchos, knife, firestarter and those sort of things. Unless you are a mall crawler, then just grab a fake Yeti cup and you are set :)
Sponsored