Quake RGB Halo effects using two controllers

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I'm doing some experimenting with the Quake RGB halo effects using two controllers. For this first attempt I was trying for some red, white and blue to start with, but there wasn't much to choose from. Then switched to some clock wise/ counter clockwise rotation and finally top to bottom/ bottom to top. The lights definitely look better in person than they do on the video.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I'm doing some experimenting with the Quake RGB halo effects using two controllers. For this first attempt I was trying for some red, white and blue to start with, but there wasn't much to choose from. Then switched to some clock wise/ counter clockwise rotation and finally top to bottom/ bottom to top. The lights definitely look better in person than they do on the video.

Not sure what you’re doing here. Do you have the headlights hooked up to one controller and the fogs to another or do you have left side on one and right on another? What app are you using?

I have two controllers, but I thought I needed splitters to run all 4 lights from one controller. I dont have the fogs hooked up yet.

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was split left side right side and using the app provided by Quake. If I remember correctly, by default the app will detect and control both controllers as one. Controlling them individually takes some extra steps. What I found running separate controllers was that I could never adjust the speed of the effects so that both sides stayed in sync, they would eventually drift apart.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I was split left side right side and using the app provided by Quake. If I remember correctly, by default the app will detect and control both controllers as one. Controlling them individually takes some extra steps. What I found running separate controllers was that I could never adjust the speed of the effects so that both sides stayed in sync, they would eventually drift apart.
Neat. I just got my splitter today. Not sure if the wires are long enough. Might have to do some wire lenthinging. Rob from Quake said they are going to release their own branded app. Hopefully its better than the one out there.

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a write up on how to manage multiple controllers.

Access the device menu by pressing button at the upper left.
dev menu button 2.jpg

This brings up the group devices page that shows the detected devices and any user defined groups. If you tap the top of the menu, it will re-scan fro devices.
dev menu 2.jpg

Click on ADD NEW GROUP to add a group and enter a name.
group naming 2.jpg

The new group will be added to the menu, tap on the new group to add devices.
select add a device 2.jpg

Select the device(s) to add to the group.
adding devices 2.jpg

Here's the group with the device added.
group added 2.jpg

Once the groups are setup, you select a group to change it's current effect. Once an effect is set, it will stay in effect until it is changed through the app.
gropu selected 2.jpg

Tap and hold on a group to delete it.
delete group 2.jpg
Sponsored