First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical
Just received my new lights on Monday. I had been looking for a few weeks on which brand to buy for LED conversion. I went with the quakes for Headlights and Fogs, and Diode for the LED's in the fenders. I was worried they would be tough to install. I had read about needing to splice wires for the turn signals to flash the halos, or for the halos to work. Turned out to be really easy. The headlights come with a connector that you plug into the factory wiring in the fenders that is already spliced for you.You just unplug the turn signal connectors in the fenders and install there included connectors. The only wires I had to hook up were the hot wire to my AUX switches and the ground wire. I talked to Rob at quake who let me know the best way to get at the passenger side light harness was through the fender. I can agree. You can barely see it with a flashlight under the ground bolts. Pop off the plastic fender rivets and it makes that 100 times easier. Connector is right there above the wheel once inside the well. All told took me about an hour. Probably would have been faster if it wasn't 15 degrees. If you are on the fence about them don't be. They work great and look great too. 1000 times better then the factory halogen junk.
Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Just received my new lights on Monday. I had been looking for a few weeks on which brand to buy for LED conversion. I went with the quakes for Headlights and Fogs, and Diode for the LED's in the fenders. I was worried they would be tough to install. I had read about needing to splice wires for the turn signals to flash the halos, or for the halos to work. Turned out to be really easy. The headlights come with a connector that you plug into the factory wiring in the fenders that is already spliced for you.You just unplug the turn signal connectors in the fenders and install there included connectors. The only wires I had to hook up were the hot wire to my AUX switches and the ground wire. I talked to Rob at quake who let me know the best way to get at the passenger side light harness was through the fender. I can agree. You can barely see it with a flashlight under the ground bolts. Pop off the plastic fender rivets and it makes that 100 times easier. Connector is right there above the wheel once inside the well. All told took me about an hour. Probably would have been faster if it wasn't 15 degrees. If you are on the fence about them don't be. They work great and look great too. 1000 times better then the factory halogen junk.
Maybe they are including connectors now. Mind did not come with them and I did have to splice. That was a PIA. Granted, mine were used, but the instructions showed having to splice.

Other than that, I love them. Waiting on a part to install my fogs. Rob is very good to deal with.

OP
OP
runeglfbrg

runeglfbrg

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical
No I got the ones with the halos that you can change color. Ill post a pic.
Sponsored