Quake LED headlights vs Oculus

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I want to upgrade my 2019 JLU to LED lights/fog lights and the Oculus BILED lights are everywhere on this website with good reviews. I have a mechanic whom is amazing and has done all my jeep work- he recommended Quake-the only reviews for these are from 2018. I usually go with what he suggests but seems that this tech is almost 4 yrs old
Any input would be appreciated
Thanks
Sponsored

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
I want to upgrade my 2019 JLU to LED lights/fog lights and the Oculus BILED lights are everywhere on this website with good reviews. I have a mechanic whom is amazing and has done all my jeep work- he recommended Quake-the only reviews for these are from 2018. I usually go with what he suggests but seems that this tech is almost 4 yrs old
Thanks
Naah is what you need to do is swap me your fenders and top! Haha.

But I’ve always looked at them more at the complete Quake Vs Halo systems. Are you going add any rock lights, pods, light bars or anything? From what I’ve seen Quake has less wiring for their system.

OP
OP
DBjeepNY

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Naah is what you need to do is swap me your fenders and top! Haha.

But I’ve always looked at them more at the complete Quake Vs Halo systems. Are you going add any rock lights, pods, light bars or anything? From what I’ve seen Quake has less wiring for their system.
wasnt planning on adding additional lights or bars for now.
looks like quake is a 7 inch light in a 9 inch frame and oculus is actual 9 inch light, in addition they have so much good press on this website … tons of videos and pics online. Almost nothing for quake
Oculus is also almost 2000 lumens brighter as well.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
I have been in a similar situation. I wish I had just got the led package, but we weren't sure we were going to be keeping our jeep long term so we were trying to keep the ridiculous price a little less ridiculous Anyway, I don't think you could wrong with either. I think it comes down to your preference. Personally, I would rather have a 9in light in the 9in space. I am going to put the quake fender lights with the sequential turn signals on mine, but I think I am going to go the DV8 route for the headlights. Still haven't figured out what I going to do for the fogs yet.

I will say, the reviews are good to get an idea of what's out there, but don't put all of you faith in them. Lots of people love the beamtech H13 bulbs in the halogen housing, which is what I am running right now, but I'm just not that thrilled with them, but it wasn't an expensive trial. Not saying they are bad, but not quite living up to the hype or performing the way I would like. I tried some Cougar somethings LED bulbs for my truck headlights that were just horrible from Amazon, but they had thousands of reviews of people loving them. I realize Amazon reviews is not the same as reviews on this site, but you get the idea.

I'm sure Quake and Oculus both make a great product, but it's really hard to quantify or capture an image of color and beam pattern they produce so there will always be a little bit of a gamble on what your perception will be compared to others.

Best thing I can think of is to try and find someone in your area that has them and go see them in person and see for yourself how they perform.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The color of the individual halo LEDs in the Quake RGB Halos are programmable which allows for special effects like spinning and fading colors. There are a lot of fun effects, I can program my halos to spin red, white and blue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DBjeepNY

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have been in a similar situation. I wish I had just got the led package, but we weren't sure we were going to be keeping our jeep long term so we were trying to keep the ridiculous price a little less ridiculous Anyway, I don't think you could wrong with either. I think it comes down to your preference. Personally, I would rather have a 9in light in the 9in space. I am going to put the quake fender lights with the sequential turn signals on mine, but I think I am going to go the DV8 route for the headlights. Still haven't figured out what I going to do for the fogs yet.

I will say, the reviews are good to get an idea of what's out there, but don't put all of you faith in them. Lots of people love the beamtech H13 bulbs in the halogen housing, which is what I am running right now, but I'm just not that thrilled with them, but it wasn't an expensive trial. Not saying they are bad, but not quite living up to the hype or performing the way I would like. I tried some Cougar somethings LED bulbs for my truck headlights that were just horrible from Amazon, but they had thousands of reviews of people loving them. I realize Amazon reviews is not the same as reviews on this site, but you get the idea.

I'm sure Quake and Oculus both make a great product, but it's really hard to quantify or capture an image of color and beam pattern they produce so there will always be a little bit of a gamble on what your perception will be compared to others.

Best thing I can think of is to try and find someone in your area that has them and go see them in person and see for yourself how they perform.
Thank you. Will look around to see if anyone has upgraded and ask.. part of me just wants to trust my guy and do what he says.. the other part of me thinks that it’s just what he has done in the past so why change.
Appreciate the input.
David

OP
OP
DBjeepNY

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The color of the individual halo LEDs in the Quake RGB Halos are programmable which allows for special effects like spinning and fading colors. There are a lot of fun effects, I can program my halos to spin red, white and blue.
I saw that. Did it require additional wiring for a controlled or a Tazer ?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I saw that. Did it require additional wiring for a controlled or a Tazer ?
The lights all work just plugging them into the existing harness, but you have to run the wires from the rgb controller to the lights for the halo effects to work. It's all theoretically plug and play, but there have been issues with controller, phone and application compatibility. They've had to update controllers and apps, and some of the apps were poorly implemented. I've had mine for 3 years, maybe buying new has less issues now. In my opinion, you better really want the effects for it to be worth getting them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED headlights vs Oculus quake r,w,b

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED headlights vs Oculus quake colors

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Tried both.
Switched the Quakes out for the @ORACLElights Oculus Bi-LED after seeing them in person.

The cutoff on the Oculus is much more crisp, the Quakes were an undefined mess, the light is brighter and the install is a breeze. Quakes we’re easy to install as well, but I am much happier with the Oculus.

OP
OP
DBjeepNY

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Tried both.
Switched the Quakes out for the @ORACLElights Oculus Bi-LED after seeing them in person.

The cutoff on the Oculus is much more crisp, the Quakes were an undefined mess, the light is brighter and the install is a breeze. Quakes we’re easy to install as well, but I am much happier with the Oculus.
Thank you. That’s very helpful

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Thanks
Hey David! Let us know if we can answer any questions for you about the Oculus. It is a best-seller rated 5-stars, and we are happy to help if you need clarification on any of the information about it.

-Rachel

DCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport, 2022 Sahara

this is excellent advice. Beam tech in the oem housing is not acceptable in my opinion, the pattern is bizarre and there really isn’t an improvement in usable light, even if it is indeed putting out more light overall. I’m currently looking into replacing the housings and am still on the fence regarding the various options

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
this is excellent advice. Beam tech in the oem housing is not acceptable in my opinion, the pattern is bizarre and there really isn’t an improvement in usable light, even if it is indeed putting out more light overall. I’m currently looking into replacing the housings and am still on the fence regarding the various options
Oculus 👍🏻

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED headlights vs Oculus 75D1C02E-0165-4591-AB3F-E3A7BA90C25D
Sponsored