Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just placed an order for their CJ Retro alloy wheels in black, primarily because no one else offers a wheel like it.

It only took them three days to reply this time, instead of two weeks like the time before, so that’s not bad. The wheels are backordered until mid January.
Sponsored

PepperE

First Name
Pepper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 1975 Ford Bronco
Sorry to hear you're having a problem with them... I've ordered a number of items from them in recent months. Got my forum discount on all and most shipped quickly. Two orders came with parts for JK, not JL. They sent the correct parts immediately and a return shipping label for the incorrect parts. This delayed my planned installation date, but at least problem was resolved without issue. I work in the outdoor gear industry and our supply chain is a wreck. Many items are months behind and some product availability is already sold out for 2021. Hope they make it right for you or you have success elsewhere...

COHiker

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just head back via PM, didn't follow the rules so I wasn't able to get a quote on the first pass, My fault, not theirs, I didn't think to include address and such so they couldn't do it. Looks like 3 days ish on mine which for the holidays is fair even though I would have like it faster, again, my issue not theirs.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Quadratec may be having a bit of a problem because of the winch recall that recently happened. They have promised to pay shipping, but for me after building a wood shipping box, the one way shipping charge was going to be $100. If they repay that and then have to ship it back to me. That's quite a loss for them if they have sold a large quantity of these recalled winchers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just tried a different approach: instead of sending Quadratec a PM asking for a member discount and waiting half a week for their response, I went ahead and ordered a part, and followed up with a PM to them with the order number, asking for a discount.

Hopefully they honor the discount.

I will update y’all once I find out.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Quadratec may be having a bit of a problem because of the winch recall that recently happened. They have promised to pay shipping, but for me after building a wood shipping box, the one way shipping charge was going to be $100. If they repay that and then have to ship it back to me. That's quite a loss for them if they have sold a large quantity of these recalled winchers.
Yes, that has got to be a logistical nightmare.

If I had the winch bolted down to the bumper, I am not going to bother with un-mounting the winch, let alone building a crate for it and hauling it to UPS.

If that winch has to come off, it is not going back in. At that point I’d want a full refund and go buy something else.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The ETA for the Quadratec wheels I ordered keeps getting pushed back.

First it was January 2, when I placed my order it said January 14, now it says January 25... :mad:

Does anyone know how it works? Will I still get my wheels as promised on January 14, or all orders now pushed back to January 25?

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I PMed them asking for the discount on Wednesday last week, they replied back on Friday saying was done.
I am still trying to figure out how to PM Quadratech...

Sponsored

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Thx...still trying to figure out how to PM them...I do not see the prompt
Yea, it's not obvious. Go to "Members", then "Member Search". After you find and select the member's name, click on "Start Conversation".

At least that's how I think you do it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

The ETA for the Quadratec wheels I ordered keeps getting pushed back.

First it was January 2, when I placed my order it said January 14, now it says January 25... :mad:

Does anyone know how it works? Will I still get my wheels as promised on January 14, or all orders now pushed back to January 25?
I am sure that you already know this, but this is more of a systemic issue of trade policy and global pandemic issues that have wreaked havoc on vendors and seller marketplaces. I placed an order for a $600 Yamaha snare drum in November from a big box music retailer. My shipping date got pushed to November 26, then to December 13, then January 3, and now February 1. This is happening all over in many different industries.

I know that it is frustrating, and I hope your wheels come in soon. When the retailer has their orders fulfilled, they will ship, but at least you have an order in the queue and should get it before others (like me, who is currently looking at similar wheels!).

(*also, I have no allegiance to Quardratec, only decades of retail business experience to share).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure that you already know this, but this is more of a systemic issue of trade policy and global pandemic issues that have wreaked havoc on vendors and seller marketplaces. I placed an order for a $600 Yamaha snare drum in November from a big box music retailer. My shipping date got pushed to November 26, then to December 13, then January 3, and now February 1. This is happening all over in many different industries.

I know that it is frustrating, and I hope your wheels come in soon. When the retailer has their orders fulfilled, they will ship, but at least you have an order in the queue and should get it before others (like me, who is currently looking at similar wheels!).

(*also, I have no allegiance to Quardratec, only decades of retail business experience to share).
Indeed. It is a time of the signs.

Having said that, my issue with Quadratec is their lack of communication. Calling them is pointless; they keep you on hold forever. Their Chat connects you to a useless bot. Their response through PM, while professional, is slow and spotty.

At least their website is well developed and easy to use. I just discovered that I can take care of most of my requests, including order tracking, returns and cancellations, over there.

In fact, after several PMs went unreplied, I found out on their website that they had honored all my discounts.

PS - I ended swapping my order for black wheels, that are on back order, for white wheels, that are in stock. They are scheduled to arrive next week.

Last edited:

DAP

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2010 Wrangler
I PM quadratec just as they said and was turned down for any discounts. False advertisement, I’ll never waste my time with them again.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences but I’ve honestly have nothing but good things to say about Quadratec. I have been ordering from them the last six months and the service has been great. Hold times are usually 10-15 minutes but if you call their sales number after hours they will usually answer quicker. On the chat, if you type “live agent” it will connect you to a actual person. They have always honored the forum discount and they have accepted returns with no hassle. Yes, items are sometimes on back order but that’s normal for this industry, especially with covid.
Sponsored