Quadratec Order, what would you do?

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
So a few weeks ago I ordered a set of 5 wheels and tires from Quadratec and everything was in stock. I received the pallet yesterday (Friday) and there were only 4. I immediately called Quadratec and they wanted pics and for me to make sure it was actually what I ordered. It was, so they told me theyā€™d get another one mounted and sent out, so no big deal, stuff happens.

Then a few hours later I get an email saying the tire is out of stock, I check their website and it says ā€œexpected ship date Mar 4thā€. Now I have 4 of the wheels/tires mounted and Iā€™m panicking that Iā€™m going to have to wait until March for my spare. Mind you I also ordered a rugged ridge spare tire carrier that I already installed and sucks without an actual tire mounted because the bracket/brake light moves around without anything to support it.

I was completely cool with them when they originally shorted me, I make mistakes all the time, but if Iā€™m going to have to wait 6 months for a spare Iā€™m kind of pissed. Of course itā€™s the weekend so I canā€™t call anyone but was wondering what you would do in this situation?
Sponsored

Last edited:

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I know it doesn't help but I see so many posts on FB and here about quadratec not getting orders correct.

It really makes me think twice about ordering from them.

OP
OP
Revs2ninegrand

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I see so many posts on FB and here about quadratec not getting orders correct.
Yeah I just noticed they had theyā€™re own tab on here after I posted this, and was astounded at the mistakes. I thought that was like the #1 Jeep aftermarket store. Iā€™ve ordered things from ExtremeTerrain and Northridge 4x4 before and apparently Iā€™ll have to stick with them.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So a few weeks ago I ordered a set of 5 wheels and tires from Quadratec and everything was in stock. I received the pallet yesterday (Friday) and there were only 4.

Then a few hours later I get an email saying the tire is out of stock, I check theyā€™re website and it says ā€œexpected ship date Mar 4thā€. Now I have 4 of the wheels/tires mounted and Iā€™m panicking that Iā€™m going to have to wait until March for my spare. Mind you I also ordered a rugged ridge spare tire carrier that I already installed...

...if Iā€™m going to have to wait 6 months for a spare Iā€™m kind of pissed. Of course itā€™s the weekend so I canā€™t call anyone but was wondering what you would do in this situation?
I'd grit my teeth and wait. What's been received has been installed and is now technically Used, meaning there's no clean exit strategy at this point.

I say "grit my teeth" because I've been dealing with now-recurring issues of allegedly in-stock items not actually being in stock, despite my credit card being charged without delay. That's the clean-up that I've been having to attend to, usually with success, but otherwise wasted time on my part. I do wish the vendors would put some effort into maintaining or improving their e-inventory systems.

TL/DR: This is a trend that is now unfortunately common, so I'm more hesitant about ordering anything that I can otherwise do without for the time being.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Iā€™d have them send the wheel and track down the tire myself. Iā€™d be willing to bet you could source one faster than they will. It means something to you. To them, youā€™re just another order and they get more of those every day.

Iā€™m with @Heimkehr and fed up with the online vendors saying they have things in stock only to find out after youā€™ve placed the order, thatā€™s not the case.

Crappy situation youā€™re in, but Iā€™d be willing to bet you fix it faster than Quadratec will.

OP
OP
Revs2ninegrand

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Iā€™d have them send the wheel and track down the tire myself. Iā€™d be willing to bet you could source one faster than they will. It means something to you. To them, youā€™re just another order and they get more of those every day.

Iā€™m with @Heimkehr and fed up with the online vendors saying they have things in stock only to find out after youā€™ve placed the order, thatā€™s not the case.

Crappy situation youā€™re in, but Iā€™d be willing to bet you fix it faster than Quadratec will.
Yeah Iā€™m pissed because I waited to install the 4 until after I talked to the guy and he said heā€™d send one out yesterday. Couldā€™ve mentioned it was on backorder..

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
So a few weeks ago I ordered a set of 5 wheels and tires from Quadratec and everything was in stock. I received the pallet yesterday (Friday) and there were only 4. I immediately called Quadratec and they wanted pics and for me to make sure it was actually what I ordered. It was, so they told me theyā€™d get another one mounted and sent out, so no big deal, stuff happens.

Then a few hours later I get an email saying the tire is out of stock, I check their website and it says ā€œexpected ship date Mar 4thā€. Now I have 4 of the wheels/tires mounted and Iā€™m panicking that Iā€™m going to have to wait until March for my spare. Mind you I also ordered a rugged ridge spare tire carrier that I already installed and sucks without an actual tire mounted because the bracket/brake light moves around without anything to support it.

I was completely cool with them when they originally shorted me, I make mistakes all the time, but if Iā€™m going to have to wait 6 months for a spare Iā€™m kind of pissed. Of course itā€™s the weekend so I canā€™t call anyone but was wondering what you would do in this situation?
That bites, but these are supply chain issues right now. See if they'll give you a gift card or something for waiting it out.

OP
OP
Revs2ninegrand

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Just wanted to follow up, talked to customer service rep, said heā€™d issue a refund for the one wheel/tire setup and send me an email receipt. That was 9am this morning and Iā€™m just hoping he forgot the receipt but issued the refund. I know itā€™ll take a few days so Iā€™m not too worried. Also, my local Discount Tire shows the wheel and tire in their stock so I called and ordered it through them!

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Just wanted to follow up, talked to customer service rep, said heā€™d issue a refund for the one wheel/tire setup and send me an email receipt. That was 9am this morning and Iā€™m just hoping he forgot the receipt but issued the refund. I know itā€™ll take a few days so Iā€™m not too worried. Also, my local Discount Tire shows the wheel and tire in their stock so I called and ordered it through them!
Now Iā€™m looking forward to the post where you toss up a pic with it completed.
Glad you found that other tire and wheel!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Revs2ninegrand

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Now Iā€™m looking forward to the post where you toss up a pic with it completed.
Glad you found that other tire and wheel!
should be by Friday! Nice thing is maybe the guys at discount will help me lift it onto the holder šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Just a note for anyone reading this. Whenever you order something this heavy, you can always tell the company to reference the shipping weight. I'm sure there is a big difference between 4 tires and 5 and the weight should show that.
Sponsored