PSI and full tank

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Prior to filling up my first purchased tank of gas since getting the Rubi a week ago, my tire PSI's were around 41-42 (too high, I know, that's on my weekend to-do list).

But, after filling up a full tank, all tires were at 45. Normal? I know the extra weight should increase PSI, but that much?
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How many miles did you drive right before you gassed up? The pressure increases when the tires heat up, 3-4 psi.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@shacdaddy

Forget about fuel weight, and all else..... just do what you should have done already.... should have done a week ago, when you got your JL. and that is to adjust your psi, since your know the tires are over-inflated.

Do in the morning, before you drive the vehicle, and do check with a decent tire pressure gauge. Check the psi of each tire. Adjust them all to 37# psi / as your door jam sticker recommends.

I find it had to believe you have not already done this.... takes what 5 minutes to take air out of 5 tires. About as much time as it took to start this thread.

Adjust your psi and undoubtedly you will see an improvement for the better in regard to your steering.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My son picked up his JLUR just a few weeks ago and his pressures were 45-47, I told him to lower it down to 35 cold, I have no idea why these dealers are not checking this before Jeeps go down the road

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
@shacdaddy

Forget about fuel weight, and all else..... just do what you should have done already.... should have done a week ago, when you got your JL. and that is to adjust your psi, since your know the tires are over-inflated.

Do in the morning, before you drive the vehicle, and do check with a decent tire pressure gauge. Check the psi of each tire. Adjust them all to 37# psi / as your door jam sticker recommends.

I find it had to believe you have not already done this.... takes what 5 minutes to take air out of 5 tires. About as much time as it took to start this thread.

Adjust your psi and undoubtedly you will see an improvement for the better in regard to your steering.

Steering was never an issue. Plus, I didn't know the tires were over-inflated until Thursday, ok dad?
Sponsored