Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Hello!

I know there's a lot of love for the PRP seat covers here... does anyone regret getting them over leather? And conversely, anyone with Katzkin regret getting the leather in favor of the lesser expensive PRP vinyl?

I've got cloth in my JLUR and am mostly looking for some protection against my 2 and 5 year olds :D

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Another reason you see more people going with PRP (or other "covers" ) is that it's a seat cover that goes over existing factory seat and not replacing the factory materials. Relatively simple installation.

The Katzkin is completely different install because you remove the factory seat material and replace it with whatever katzkin skin you choose. This is a much, much more difficult installation process. Not to mention the cost of the covers themselves.

Your leather VS vinyl question is a separate personal preference/budget issue.

OP
OP
xEDGEx

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Another reason you see more people going with PRP (or other "covers" ) is that it's a seat cover that goes over existing factory seat and not replacing the factory materials. Relatively simple installation.

The Katzkin is completely different install because you remove the factory seat material and replace it with whatever katzkin skin you choose. This is a much, much more difficult installation process. Not to mention the cost of the covers themselves.

Right on, thanks! I'm aware of the difference of install between the options and have watched few PRP videos. I guess I'm interested if anyone went the PRP route and later thought "I wish I would have gone for leather" (or vice versa)

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)

Can you answer if Katzkin's can get ordered with the "Rubicon" stitching added? I'm looking at options for a Rubi that has cloth seats, so wondering if the cloth seats are the same physical seat as the leather ones?

I also have youngish children and a Jack Russell that sheds these horrid half white hairs that get EVERYWHERE! Can't imagine life without leather seats after the hours of vacuuming the rear carpets in our KK! :).

Thanks!
Capt' Starboard

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Can you answer if Katzkin's can get ordered with the "Rubicon" stitching added? I'm looking at options for a Rubi that has cloth seats, so wondering if the cloth seats are the same physical seat as the leather ones?

I also have youngish children and a Jack Russell that sheds these horrid half white hairs that get EVERYWHERE! Can't imagine life without leather seats after the hours of vacuuming the rear carpets in our KK! :).

Thanks!
Capt' Starboard
As far as I know, you can have anything (within reason) stitched into the Katzkin leather. However, I recommend checking with them - https://katzkin.com/product-options/

Sponsored

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic

Thanks!
Capt' Starboard
While my kids are grown and out of the house, these two knucklehead still spread those hairs to every surface in everything I own.

Jeep Wrangler JL PRP vs. Katzkin leather thumbnail_61291453687__446419CC-CA4D-4AAC-993F-144A04D131A0

OP
OP
xEDGEx

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I received some PRP samples a couple weeks ago and pulled the trigger on their seat covers yesterday

OP
OP
xEDGEx

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
While my kids are grown and out of the house, these two knucklehead still spread those hairs to every surface in everything I own.

Jeep Wrangler JL PRP vs. Katzkin leather thumbnail_61291453687__446419CC-CA4D-4AAC-993F-144A04D131A0
Ditto! Wire haired terriers are the worse for hair, but best for personality... (Sighs). Just like boats and Jeeps, always a compromise!
Jeep Wrangler JL PRP vs. Katzkin leather 98AC46B8-EE8B-440E-A3E0-DD8BDCAEDB63
Sponsored