Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Quick question for everyone who has ordered theses:
1). how water/ stain/ abrasion resistant are the vinyl ones?
2). For those of you who have heated seats: Can you still feel the heat through these?

Considering getting some to preserve/ dress up my factory Rubi leather. Thanks!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Quick question for everyone who has ordered theses:
1). how water/ stain/ abrasion resistant are the vinyl ones?
2). For those of you who have heated seats: Can you still feel the heat through these?

Considering getting some to preserve/ dress up my factory Rubi leather. Thanks!
I would love to answer specifically about the PRP covers, but mine have yet to ship. This is week 8 since I ordered.

With regard to heated seats, I can feel the heat through the neoprene covers I currently have on now. I don't think the PRPs would be any different.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
As for water and stain resistant, I would say very high. By nature, they are pretty easy to wipe off and not get much water through them and also not leaving water marks or stained. If I have spilled something on them, I normally wipe with a wet towel or paper towel and I'm good.

For the seat heaters, my heaters are directly below the covers and on top of the original seats so mine get plenty warm enough however I would expect that even the stock heaters below the stock seat covers should work fine, based on what others have reported.

Deleted member 53226

I love the look and fit/finish of the PRP seat covers. I give the manufacturer a lot of credit for putting together a quality product. My only hang up--and frankly the only reason I haven't bought them to cover my cloth seats--is the damned huge PRP label they stitch to the back of the headrests on the covers. Sample pic below.

I am told from people who asked the company directly if they could order covers without that label, that it's non-negotiable by the company. Unfortunate.

I understand PRP wants to get the credit for the product they are proud of (and a little free advertisement) but a small label somewhere will do. Most companies have a tiny one along the seat stitch seams, like a pillow does. Why have a gigantic placard type thing on the back of the headrests?

If it was a decal that could be taken off at buyer's option, then fine, but I understand its is stitched, so if you remove it the stitch marks will still be there. I think PRP could sell a ton more of these covers it they corrected that single issue.

All of these great products in the aftermarket for Jeeps, and I am thankful to the manufacturers for that. But after a while our Jeeps are like rolling commercials with "Quadratec" or "Rugged Ridge" plastered all over mats and other products. I just don't want "PRP Since 1987" on the back of every headrest.

Jeep Wrangler JL PRP Seat Covers 1622386433769

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look and fit/finish of the PRP seat covers. I give the manufacturer a lot of credit for putting together a quality product. My only hang up--and frankly the only reason I haven't bought them to cover my cloth seats--is the damned huge PRP label they stitch to the back of the headrests on the covers. Sample pic below.

I am told from people who asked the company directly if they could order covers without that label, that it's non-negotiable by the company. Unfortunate.

I understand PRP wants to get the credit for the product they are proud of (and a little free advertisement) but a small label somewhere will do. Most companies have a tiny one along the seat stitch seams, like a pillow does. Why have a gigantic placard type thing on the back of the headrests?

If it was a decal that could be taken off at buyer's option, then fine, but I understand its is stitched, so if you remove it the stitch marks will still be there. I think PRP could sell a ton more of these covers it they corrected that single issue.

All of these great products in the aftermarket for Jeeps, and I am thankful to the manufacturers for that. But after a while our Jeeps are like rolling commercials with "Quadratec" or "Rugged Ridge" plastered all over mats and other products. I just don't want "PRP Since 1987" on the back of every headrest.

Jeep Wrangler JL PRP Seat Covers 1622386433769
I don't have a problem with this on mine but you could probably just cut off the strings that the rubber patch is sewn on with and sew on a velcro patch in its place. That would hide the original stitching holes and you could then put on whatever patch you want in its place. Or it wouldn't look that bad bare.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Well I think I'm going to be returning my Bestop seat covers and ordering a set of these. The Bestop seat covers are a tight fit and look good, but I just don't like the idea of velcro holding the lower seat cover in place. Especially if I plan on taking them off occasionally to clean because the dog rides in the back.

With that said I had no idea that PRP made seat covers and these all look really GOOD. I'm not normally a fan of leather or vinyl seats because I hate dealing with a swass and nail scratches from the dog BUT vinyl seats would make clean up A LOT easier. Those of you with dogs and vinyl, how well are they holding up?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Well I think I'm going to be returning my Bestop seat covers and ordering a set of these.

With that said I had no idea that PRP made seat covers and these all look really GOOD.
Just a quick FYI. Bestop and PRP are one in the same. Bestop owns PRP Seats.

Those of you with dogs and vinyl, how well are they holding up?
I just got my custom covers today. I should have a dog test in a couple of days.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Just a quick FYI. Bestop and PRP are one in the same. Bestop owns PRP Seats.
I did not know that. But I don't like the idea of velcro securing the covers in place. The dog can get dirty at times, and I don't like the idea of velcro securing the seat bottoms in place. It's only going to survive so many on/offs before the velcro no longer sticks.

How do the PRP covers attach? Buckles? Velcro?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How do the PRP covers attach? Buckles? Velcro?
Front is primarily velcro straps. There are 2 clips that attache to the seat frame. Back attach using velcro.

These will give you a better idea:

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Front is primarily velcro straps. There are 2 clips that attache to the seat frame. Back attach using velcro.

These will give you a better idea:

No wonder the Bestop seat covers fit so well. They're identical to the PRP covers. At least it looks like the velcro straps latch to other straps and not the carpet portion of the seat. I'm still thinking the vinyl might be the better of the 2 options for the dog, especially the hair. Then I wouldn't have to remove them to clean.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just installed my custom PRP seat covers over the last 2 days. I love the way they look but I’m a bit displeased with the overall fit and finish. I expected more for the price and the 10 week wait.

My front passenger seat back has some stitching on the bottom left corner that’s loose and causing the seam to start splitting. I’m hoping it doesn’t get any worse as it’s in a location that shouldn’t see allot of daily abuse.

The black trim on one of my headrest covers was not stitched to the cover material properly so there’s a gap and leaves the cover material unfinished.

The holes/cutouts on the back covers for the child seat anchors don’t properly line up with the anchors. No matter what I do, I cannot get the seat cover material to tuck under the plastic trim for the anchors. The same is true for the cutout for the middle rear seatbelt. I removed the plastic seatbelt trim and screwed it back down on top of the seat cover, as per PRP’s install video (there are no other instructions), and it doesn’t fully cover the hole in the seat cover. It just looks crappy.

The plastic trim piece behind the rear center headrest cannot be reinstalled properly, as once again, the holes in the seat cover do not properly line up. No matter what I do, I cannot get the tabs on the trim piece to snap back into place because of the way the seat cover sits over them. I’ve stretched and shifted the cover to no avail. I have the seat cover properly positioned, as I was able to get the holes for the center headrest posts over both of the plastic trim pieces for them. I never use the center headrest, so the plastic trim piece will just have to lay in place behind it.

For a company that’s so insistent on having their logo on the back of the headrest covers, you’d think they could do a better job of stitching the logo to the cover. Nope. One of mine is stitched on crooked.

At this point I’m not sure what I am going to do. I’ll likely reach out to PRP within the next few days, but I’m not expecting much. I think PRP/Bestop bit off more than they can chew with these custom covers. They are admittedly way behind on production (currently 10 weeks to fulfill a custom order) and have even recently increased the price on the custom covers. Right now I need a break from this.

Last edited:

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea on whether PRP would be open to removing their logo on the head rests for their Custom Seat Covers & or possibly embroider a customer name/design instead? I don't mind the tag on the back but the logo on the front I'm not a fan of...

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Any idea on whether PRP would be open to removing their logo on the head rests for their Custom Seat Covers & or possibly embroider a customer name/design instead? I don't mind the tag on the back but the logo on the front I'm not a fan of...
When configuring, you can set the PRP Logo Color to "None" and that eliminates the logo on the front of the headrest.
Sponsored