First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
1. I don’t have heated seats but PRP says it will work.
2. I love the feel and they do clean easy with damp towel.
3. It does make the rear seat a little tighter to fold up but nothing major, it all still works fine.

Showed them off at a Jeep club meeting and people commented they look better than the leather. PRP will send you samples of the color/fabric to make sure you get the right match you are looking to get. They sent me like 8 samples because I wanted to get close as I could to the red dash color and the carbon fiber black looks sweet.
I'm throwing you under the boss when i tell the wife I'm ordering a set :) Which color red did you pick that's closest to the jeep red?
Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
These things look fantastic! I went with:
  • PRP Logo Color:
    No Logo

• Stitch Color:
    Yellow

• Back Color:
    203-Daytona Light Gray Vinyl

• Center Color:
    54-Graphite Gray Tweed

• Arm Color:
    54-Graphite Gray Tweed

• Band Color:
I am really impressed on how FCA managed to make the JL's interior feel high quality yet somewhat luxurious while still resembling simple and functional. But I felt the black interior was just too much black, making individual details irrelevant because it was so dark. So I went with the gray tweed to lighten the cabin, bringing more contrast between the fabric elements and the hard elements. Combined with the body colored dashboard, the interior feels much more balanced. It's mature, pleasing and cheery. Every detail seems more noticeable now that there is separation between the colors and textures.

48227520191_437c0b23ab_c.jpg

48227583632_de1870abb3_c.jpg

48227520276_6385c642e5_c.jpg

48227520401_27d9f8d666_c.jpg

48227583867_1b9dee5fd8_c.jpg

48227583762_d1d742bab1_c.jpg

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
The photos posted here look great!

I've never seen any in person though - what makes me hesitate is that they are vinyl. The last vinyl seats I had were a long time ago, and they were pretty uncomfortable/sticky in hot weather. Have vinyl seats changed since then?

Sponsored

Bbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport, 2019 JLU Rubicon, 2008 BMW M5
These things look fantastic! I went with:
  • PRP Logo Color:
    No Logo

• Stitch Color:
    Yellow

• Back Color:

• Center Color:
    54-Graphite Gray Tweed

• Arm Color:
    54-Graphite Gray Tweed

• Band Color:
I am really impressed on how FCA managed to make the JL's interior feel high quality yet somewhat luxurious while still resembling simple and functional. But I felt the black interior was just too much black, making individual details irrelevant because it was so dark. So I went with the gray tweed to lighten the cabin, bringing more contrast between the fabric elements and the hard elements. Combined with the body colored dashboard, the interior feels much more balanced. It's mature, pleasing and cheery. Every detail seems more noticeable now that there is separation between the colors and textures.

48227520191_437c0b23ab_c.jpg

48227583632_de1870abb3_c.jpg

48227520276_6385c642e5_c.jpg

48227520401_27d9f8d666_c.jpg

48227583867_1b9dee5fd8_c.jpg

48227583762_d1d742bab1_c.jpg
These look incredible! I think they look better than the stock seat covers. How easy or difficult is the tweed to clean? I think I'm going to buy the PRP covers and love the tweed look but a little concerned that they may be tough to clean. Thanks!

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Thanks! I've had the front covers on for a couple months now, and I haven't noticed any issues. But if you're planning on getting them muddy, then I would suspect the texture will make them more difficult to clean. You can contact PRP and request samples, and then you can evaluate them for yourself.

Bbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport, 2019 JLU Rubicon, 2008 BMW M5
Thanks! I've had the front covers on for a couple months now, and I haven't noticed any issues. But if you're planning on getting them muddy, then I would suspect the texture will make them more difficult to clean. You can contact PRP and request samples, and then you can evaluate them for yourself.
Thanks for the quick reply. I actually did just request some samples from PRP after seeing your pics. So the covers are all vinyl, correct? But the tweed has some texture to the vinyl? Your pics, particularly the close-up of the headrest, looks as if its real (cloth) tweed material.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
They're woven cloth. Maybe the cloth is made of vinyl, but it is definitely not a non-porous sheet of vinyl.

OP
OP
Alanscott1

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I’m waiting for them to finalize seat covers for the 2 door JL. They say it should be any day and I can’t wait.
Did they mention what the difference was between the 4 dr and 2 dr seats are? I’ve been waiting for awhile now on the 2dr release as well.

Sponsored

JeffS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Jeep JL Sport, 2018 Orange Jeep Sahara
I just installed my PRP Seat Covers on my JLU. For the Drivers side, I unbolted the seat from the floor but left it in the vehicle and installed the seat cover. For the passenger seat, I took the seat out of the vehicle. Definitely easier when you take the seat out.

The vinyl covers are a snug fit so it takes some time to get them on, but they fit perfectly and I think they look great.

Another quality product from Bestop/PRP.

PRPSeats-3.jpg

PRPSeats-4.jpg

PRPSeats-1.jpg

PRPSeats-2.jpg

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
I need some help picking out material. Is the Daytona better than the normal vinyl? And would suede get hot if I get it on just the portion where the seat warmers are?

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I need some help picking out material. Is the Daytona better than the normal vinyl? And would suede get hot if I get it on just the portion where the seat warmers are?
I doubt the daytona is any better, but I really don't know. You can contact them, they are very helpful. I asked for samples twice before making up my mind.

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered

Front and Rear Seat Covers for Jeep Wrangler JL (Custom)
  • PRP Logo Color:
    Black

• Stitch Color:
    Black

• Back Color:
    201-Daytona Black Vinyl

• Center Color:
    204-Daytona Red Vinyl

• Arm Color:
    204-Daytona Red Vinyl

• Band Color:
    204-Daytona Red Vinyl

• Model:
    JL 4 Door, Rubicon - Molle Back (B040)
3 weeks ago, as soon I get it I’ll update with photos :)
Sponsored