swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I can never seem to unlock via proximity with my left hand. i'm not sure I've ever done it. I still try it out of habit then I just switch to my right hand. It works with my right. I wonder if it's my android watch. Or I'm bionic and my mom forgot to tell me.
Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I may be way off target here but my garage door remote openers stopped working. I tried everything I could think of to fix the issue. So I narrowed it down to RF interference. If the wired control works and the buttons don't that has to be the solution. I finally took down all the storage bins in the garage with Christmas lights in them. I found a light remote control (RF) in one of the bins pressed down by other stuff. I took it out and the doors worked. So if you have anything in the Jeep that could be emitting an RF signal it may be causing the problem. Again, I may be way off but it's with a try. Best of luck to you that this will be resolved.
Thanks man, however, in my case, I can make it work but temporarily. I can use the key fob and it resyncs everything.

When it's not working, the first five or so touches do nothing, then you can see the lights come on the dash like it's waking up, then a few more touches and it unlocks.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Just as an update....Jeep engineer showed up yesterday, one week after my appointment to drop it off. Of course, they say it was working fine while he was there. They decided to replace the RF hub as it's really the only part they hadn't replaced yet related to the system. 12 hours later and it's still working. Fingers crossed this is actually the fix. I'll come back in a week or two to confirm its still working or if it stops, I'll update as well.

OP
OP
TexRivers

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I'll third or fourth the fix listed above. Even if I would rest a finger on the handle it wouldn't lock. The ET solution works like a champ.

HAPPY RETIREMENT!!!!!

I retired in January and did the same thing. Lots of Bluebonnet runs and a west Texas stargazing run. I bought a couple Texas travel books and plan to do a Jeep tour of Texas. Have fun!
Thanks, the Big Bend trip was great. The bluebonnets are way past prime but the cactus is blooming.

The ET finger seems to be doing the trick.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi Sting Grey 2018, Toy. 4Runner Mag Grey 2013, Ford Transit 250 2020, Toy. Highlander Hybrid 2012 etc.
Occupation
Salesman
If the fob key leaves the Jeep with you. Just curious, how far away or how long before the Jeep auto locks all the doors?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You're fine until you turn it off then you will not restart it
Sponsored