Proximity Keyless Entry

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I’ve had my 2019 Moab about a month and recently I have had to push the little lock button 2 or even 3 times to get it to lock the doors. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Other than this minor issue I’m 100% satisfied.

Retired today and heading to Big Bend NP Friday. The bluebonnets may be gone but the Milkey Way will still be there.
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I first got my JL I was struggling with the proximity locks locking. I would wrap my hand around the handle to push the lock and it would only lock about half the time.

Then I started ETing the lock button and haven’t had a problem since.

3C92BA31-F6D9-4BEA-B93D-E16BFB2C4C87.jpeg

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
You probably are already doing this, but when you push the lock button, make sure your fingers are not around the door handle (as this works to unlock it) - just use a finger tip on the lock button with your fingers well away from the handle. I hope it's as simple as a new technique and it's not a problem with your locks - good luck!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
When I first got my JL I was struggling with the proximity locks locking. I would wrap my hand around the handle to push the lock and it would only lock about half the time.

Then I started ETing the lock button and haven’t had a problem since.

3C92BA31-F6D9-4BEA-B93D-E16BFB2C4C87.jpeg
This! Hahaha ETing the lock button. You worded it perfectly.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
no problems with mine. just push the button with your finger and keep your hands away from the handle

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I’ve not had any troubles but if you happen to have a phone in the same pocket as the key it may not work. This isn’t just a Jeep thing. I’ve had it happen with two other vehicles with proximity type entry. Some sort of interference occurs.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have them on my Jeep, but other vehicles I have had that feature, and I noticed at times, the FOB has to be real close to the door.

In my Ford Edge, if my key was in my left pocket, and I approached the vehicle from the rear with my right hip toward the vehicle, it wouldn't work, turn slightly to get the FOB closer and it works.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I’ve not had any troubles but if you happen to have a phone in the same pocket as the key it may not work. This isn’t just a Jeep thing. I’ve had it happen with two other vehicles with proximity type entry. Some sort of interference occurs.
Noticed this happened the other day. Took phone out of pocket and left keys, unlocked.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I'll third or fourth the fix listed above. Even if I would rest a finger on the handle it wouldn't lock. The ET solution works like a champ.

HAPPY RETIREMENT!!!!!

I retired in January and did the same thing. Lots of Bluebonnet runs and a west Texas stargazing run. I bought a couple Texas travel books and plan to do a Jeep tour of Texas. Have fun!

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Yes, search for my comments on another thread about this topic. My dealer has been working with FCA engineers since November trying to resolve mine. They've flashed it, replaced the door handles, no luck with anything. As a matter of fact, my jeep is at the dealer as we speak so FCA engineers could come look at it in person and run some tests.

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
You probably are already doing this, but when you push the lock button, make sure your fingers are not around the door handle (as this works to unlock it) - just use a finger tip on the lock button with your fingers well away from the handle. I hope it's as simple as a new technique and it's not a problem with your locks - good luck!
My truck will sometimes unlock with my hand in front of the handle so the ET approach is sometimes necessary.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
The sensor to unlock the door is on the back of the handle. To unlock, touch the backside of the handle before pulling the handle. To lock, do not touch the handle, just push the lock button with your finger.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I’ve had my 2019 Moab about a month and recently I have had to push the little lock button 2 or even 3 times to get it to lock the doors. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Other than this minor issue I’m 100% satisfied.

Retired today and heading to Big Bend NP Friday. The bluebonnets may be gone but the Milkey Way will still be there.
I noticed if the headlights are still on from the light delay when you exit the vehicle that it will not lock the doors despite pushing the button, after the lights turn off it work every time.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Yes, search for my comments on another thread about this topic. My dealer has been working with FCA engineers since November trying to resolve mine. They've flashed it, replaced the door handles, no luck with anything. As a matter of fact, my jeep is at the dealer as we speak so FCA engineers could come look at it in person and run some tests.
I may be way off target here but my garage door remote openers stopped working. I tried everything I could think of to fix the issue. So I narrowed it down to RF interference. If the wired control works and the buttons don't that has to be the solution. I finally took down all the storage bins in the garage with Christmas lights in them. I found a light remote control (RF) in one of the bins pressed down by other stuff. I took it out and the doors worked. So if you have anything in the Jeep that could be emitting an RF signal it may be causing the problem. Again, I may be way off but it's with a try. Best of luck to you that this will be resolved.