Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Attachment, forwards photo of the dealer's scanner record. This problem presents itself intermittently. What could be another factor as a cause of the problem?

20210503_104059.jpg
Do you have the Full-Time 4WD?

I have Selec-Trac on my Sahara. I learned right away that I need to engage into Part-Time 4WD as soon as I hit the dirt. The first time I took my Jeep to the trail I left the 4WD in Full-Time: the clutch pack in the transfer case overheated and stunk of burnt clutch.

I’ve taken the Jeep off-road several times after that; now I always engage into Part-Time 4WD as soon as I hit the trailhead. Haven’t had any issues since.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Anibal

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2.0 Ano 2021
In the Wrangler JLU 2019, does the 4WD system have a specific module and harness with ends only attached to that module up to the small motor next to the transfer box? The cause of the problem has not yet been discovered.

OP
OP
Anibal

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good Morning. Can anyone tell me how many leads are connected to the same harness that is connected to the small motor located next to the transfer box? And these leads are terminals that connect and feed what? Or at least have a manufacturer's address that I can ask this technical question? This Jeep Wrangler Sahara model is imported from the USA and here in Brazil the dealerships do not have this information.

OP
OP
Anibal

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good Morning. Can anyone tell me how many leads are connected to the same harness that is connected to the small motor located next to the transfer box? And these leads are terminals that connect and feed what? Or at least have a manufacturer's address that I can ask this technical question? This Jeep Wrangler Sahara model is imported from the USA and here in Brazil the dealerships do not have this information.
Sponsored