First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Are there ANY correlations between Prius drivers and sh*tty driving? At three different times on a single lane road I got stuck with them, one was driving at 20 on 35mph, the second one was was also slow and then zoomed up on traffic light when it is about to turn read TWICE!!! The third one got into accident with another car as it is trying to merge to a different lane and I was behind them, I got stuck behind them as they contemplate what to do. I was about to go out of my fecking mind!!! Any of you have any encounters with these people???
Oh my gawdddddd!!! I was having such good time driving on my Jeep, and I know that I should not let these people ruined my day but I swear, I was about to plotz!!!! What would YOU guys do if you were in my situation?? Holy freaking bananas!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The Telsa drivers around here are judgmental entitled snowflakes.

I just tell them to f*<k off if they make any comments and they run away and hide. Karen and Kyles don't do well when their judgement triggers a response.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Given the number of times you've likely encountered Prius's on the road, and that your generalization is off a sample size of 3, I think generalizations about drivers like this may be a bit of a leap. Though I do remember learning about one social psych study years back that found people's driving styles are often modified by the subjective personality they associate with a car. I.e. if you put a normal driver in a really aggressive looking truck, they'll drive more aggressively, and if you put the same driver in a family sedan they'll drive it like a family car.

Steven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
Occupation
Dad
That’s just bad luck, but a bit of aggressive driving makes me feel better. Just don’t go full asshole because it causes more friction that it’s worth.

By the way, I also drive a Prius.

Sponsored

Steven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
Occupation
Dad
And honestly - most Prius driver are so called "environmentally conscious" people. They are the kind of people that scoff off people like us who drives a Jeep. How do you deal with this dissonance of owning a Prius and a Jeep Sahara which is a gas guzzler? Just wondering.
A gas guzzler is not how I would describe my Jeep, but I understand your argument. Each vehicle has a purpose and they are used accordingly. I personally prefer my Jeep over the Prius for general fun, but it’s hard to beat the Prius for fuel economy and moving mattresses. Yup, I struggle with mattresses in my Jeep but the roof rack on the Prius makes it quite utilitarian.

As far as being hippy (my words, not yours), both vehicles are well suited. Outdoor enthusiasts are, by nature, concerned with their respective slice of the environment. For me, the Prius and Jeep overlap my interests and compliment each other nicely.

People are not unidimensional.

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Was just saying that to my wife today when a prius cut over into my lane on the freeway doing 55 for no apparent reason - haha. Wasn't in my jeep but it still counts I think.

So a direct answer to your question - yes.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Haven't been raged by a prius yet, did have some lady go five under until I went to pass and then speed up to about fifteen over on the freeway the other morning. Needed to get past and over so I had to beat her, got dinged for speeding on my insurance app. Good to see you back Ken

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Thanks Zach! And sorry to hear that - that was unfortunate. But I totally know how you feel because if you only know what goes into my head today as I was trailing behind those car ever so slowly. However, its done (till next time when it happen haha). I have never heard about insurance app that tracks your speed. That is new!
Yeah, Travelers gives you a discount if you install and use their app, but it tracks your speed, acceleration, hard braking and time of day. Cuts both ways - if you're a decent driver, no problem, but if you mess up a bit I think it hikes your rates. I may uninstall it by the end of the trial period, kind of a pain in the ass to make sure it's running before driving anywhere and I had a few false positives with hard braking

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Wow Zach, that is a lot of information to be given away. I would be leery about having some entities monitoring my driving habit!! Was the discount really worth it? I use Geico and so far I have been having super positive experiences with them. Those are sensitive information imo - but it is good to know that they exist!
I try not to think on it too much and take a lot of comfort knowing that I'm the little man, so even if the info is out there it's unlikely to be weaponized against me IMO - Google has far more on me! I think it's 5% on the policy that covers my wife and myself, with another 5 to 10% after the initial 90 days if we're driving right. I wouldn't have sought it out, but our independent insurance agent found us the best rate with Travelers, so figured I'd give it a shot - their $50 windshield deductible is nice too!
Sponsored