First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Touchscreens in general (without a backup functional button). Get in a car at -20C and need to take your gloves off to turn on the seat heater?? huh? didn't think that one through did they.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Touchscreens in general (without a backup functional button). Get in a car at -20C and need to take your gloves off to turn on the seat heater?? huh? didn't think that one through did they.
All this hi-tech and touch screen stuff is still being tested by us consumers. The touch screen can also interfer with the back up knob controls also. My 8.4" Uconnect4 head unit locked up many times where none of the controls worked through the touch screen and knobs. That was in normal temps.

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Cars that have no rear/ side visibility, and will have to depend on cameras and built- in monitors. Great until blinded by salt/ dirt that builds up while driving, or people are too lazy to clean off.
Only thing worse is a car with zero visibility that hides the safety assist features behind a paywall. The camaro is driving me crazy right now. I might get a convertible just to fix the visibility issue, but even that’s an extra couple thousand$$$’s. If sticking with the coupe you need to go 2SS for the V8 or 3LT for the I4/V6.
I know people complain about nany features, but there is a time and place I like them. Like a poor visibility vehicle, or when you live around idiots.
The tap-once-turn-signals - it's weird and unnecessary. I can't imagine that people driving with their turn signals on was so much of a problem that it necessitated redesigning the whole damn thing.
Maybe it is a West Coast problem. I don’t trust turn signals at all. Very common for someone to drive along in the right lane with their right turn signal on. . . then turn left.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I like the one touch signals. Better then following some jackass for 5 miles with a signal on
I would like it more if people actually used their signals to indicate a direction change, as opposed to belatedly telling you what they are already doing, if they bothered to do it at all.

And while I’m at it, when did “slower traffic keep right” become a suggestion??? If you’re not passing the car on your right, get the F out of the way! 🤬

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I would like it more if people actually used their signals to indicate a direction change, as opposed to belatedly telling you what they are already doing, if they bothered to do it at all.

And while I’m at it, when did “slower traffic keep right” become a suggestion??? If you’re not passing the car on your right, get the F out of the way! 🤬
Who uses turn signals?? They are only a way to indicate to the enemy your intentions. Here in the Seattle area if you signal your intent the space you were trying to merge into dissappears even if its a space thats 5-10 cars long.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
For me, it's the over use of computers, modules and sensors for every..damn..thing in vehicles.

I don't need a computer to raise and lower my windows when a relay works just as well.

I shouldn't have to ask my car what kind of battery I can put in it.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Who uses turn signals?? They are only a way to indicate to the enemy your intentions. Here in the Seattle area if you signal your intent the space you were trying to merge into dissappears even if its a space thats 5-10 cars long.
When I signal my intent, and someone moves aggressively to prevent that, I move anyway.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
ANGRY GRILLS. And not, I am not talking about that horrendous aftermarket thing people buy for Jeeps. I am talking about every single car manufactured nowadays. And it keeps getting worst, have you seen the new defender? it is as bad as a jeep with an angry grill. I don't understand the "aggression".

Luckily the Jeep Wrangler still has that "cute" look to it. Although some people ruin it, obsesses with achieving a "mean and aggressive" look. Girls like that. But they also look "rugged". Perfect vehicle for a guy imo. My wife says she finds me very attractive when I am in the jeep. cute yet rugged. Perfect combo. Rugged and aggressive and you'll scare girls.
Can't stand the stupid huge grill trend for most every make, the new BMW M is ridiculous along w/ most every Lexus in the last 5 years, even my beloved Infiniti went stupid w/ their Q models, JUST STOP IT! But don't go to the point of no grill like the Tesla
Jeep Wrangler JL Car(makers) trends you hate the most 1626145610339

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

When I signal my intent, and someone moves aggressively to prevent that, I move anyway.
Benefit of driving a big pickup for the past 15 years, lol.

I use my turn signal anytime I'm moving out of my lane, but it's not a signal of intent, it's a warning. I'm moving, so stay out of the way.

Sponsored

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
Driver assist/auto braking/lane departure sensors/auto parking/auto pilot...I like to drive and feel like one with my vehicle. Too many manufacturers are taking away the "driving experience" and letting AI do everything.
I also love manual transmissions. Thank God Jeep has kept manual trans option in the Wrangler!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
For me, it's the over use of computers, modules and sensors for every..damn..thing in vehicles.

I don't need a computer to raise and lower my windows when a relay works just as well.

I shouldn't have to ask my car what kind of battery I can put in it.
Theres truth to this. Software control systems tend to be overused.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Can't stand the stupid huge grill trend for most every make, the new BMW M is ridiculous along w/ most every Lexus in the last 5 years, even my beloved Infiniti went stupid w/ their Q models, JUST STOP IT! But don't go to the point of no grill like the Tesla
Jeep Wrangler JL Car(makers) trends you hate the most 1626145610339
You do know why Tesla doesn't have/need a grill right?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The tyranny of the wind tunnel. Once the engineers' need to optimize fuel economy takes primacy over design, everything converges on a single form.
True, they all have to hit some form of govt. regulation for mileage. There is only so many ways to hit the markers when making an suv or car. There are many cars now that look so much alike from different manufacturers.
Sponsored