Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
slightly off topic, but if you get color matched fenders, it comes with a clear bra (or whatever its called) on it which is pretty cool imo.
Is it like a clear plastic protector coating ?
Sponsored

OSIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Punk'n - 2006 LJ Rubicon
303, used it for years.. good stuff

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So, on this note. If I did not start using one of these products, and I've gotten a bit .. well muddy. How do you clean the stains off of the plastic? Any good remedies? I will be using the 303 or so once I get them clean, but until then.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
So, on this note. If I did not start using one of these products, and I've gotten a bit .. well muddy. How do you clean the stains off of the plastic? Any good remedies? I will be using the 303 or so once I get them clean, but until then.
The texture makes it a bit tricky IMO...

I’d use a Dawn solution (careful not to get on painted surfaces or you’ll remove any wax), a soft bristle brush and several washes. For really stubborn areas try and magic eraser (lightly) but again avoid the painted surfaces.

Then 303 To keep it protected and easier to clean.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy to repot the suggestion of ArmorAll Cleaner was right on, that cleaned the fenders up rather well, also the plastic bumper. Will use the 303 when it arrives tomorrow. Thanks again.

Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Speaking of 303 Aerospace Protectant, I ordered some off Amazon last spring and really like the stuff and it's just about time for a new bottle. What retailers stock it so I can try to find some without having to order it online?

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Can you use 303 on the black hardtops?

RedXJ97

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 4 door, AX-15, OME/JKS suspension, 32's; 2018 JLU, 6-speed; 2006 Mazdaspeed6
Speaking of 303 Aerospace Protectant, I ordered some off Amazon last spring and really like the stuff and it's just about time for a new bottle. What retailers stock it so I can try to find some without having to order it online?
Might want to try outdoor shops and pool supply places if you can't find it elsewhere. People use it on Kayaks to preserve the plastic so a lot of outfitters carry it and I guess pool covers maybe.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
303 or Vinylex. Both are great products, vinylex is easier to get at local auto stores.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Go to auto geek and buy it 303 when they run 25% OFF

I am going in a different direction, saw a couple videos showing ceramic coating the plastic trim. Will use the new mud guards as test and see how it works. If it looks good will do the bumpers and the rest of the plastic.

303 works good , but you have to apply it often.

Sponsored

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
Any boaters supply store has it. Whatever the label says(Automotive, Marine, or Aerospace) it's the same, just marketed differently depending on the store.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Agreeing with everyone else, 303 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is a great product for interior/exterior. I use a foam applicator for exterior and a microfiber cloth for interior. If i'm taking a little time, I'll apply, let it sit for a minute then lightly buff. Nice matte finish with solid protection.

Their multi-surface cleaner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAMYDFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is another crazy good product. I've not found a stain this doesn't work on for carpet/cloth and even hard plastic (I've not used it on clear plastic)...works well on our carpet in our home as well.

For clear plastics like headlights/taillights...Plexus is my go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MQCYO0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it helps protect/prevents hazing over year's down the road. I've not used it on the soft top windows yet, but understand it works great on those as well. I've always applied with a good microfiber cloth - spray, wipe, flip cloth, buff. I believe it can be used on painted plastics as well, but I've not tried.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Yes thumbs up for 303. Yes you can use it on your black hardtop.