Sponsored

Power Top Does NOT Leak, BUT..

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
The question is will the water normally run there in normal usage. If you open the door in a down pour, water gets in from rain all over, and the water flow maybe normally siphoning down back (? dont have one to test).

My edge will get a water drip when washing like that That I dont see in normal rain as everything is lubed up and draining away, to where ever.
Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
This should be broken out as a conversation about ALL JK and JL non-soft tops then. This thread gives the impression that Jeep did something badly different that is specific to the power top.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
The question is will the water normally run there in normal usage. If you open the door in a down pour, water gets in from rain all over, and the water flow maybe normally siphoning down back (? dont have one to test).

My edge will get a water drip when washing like that That I dont see in normal rain as everything is lubed up and draining away, to where ever.
It is going to drip there unless you park on an incline. Running "joke/advice" on JK forums. The only way to fix it truly is to change top design to match TJ/YJ/CJ where front lip goes over the edge of windshield so you could extend the gutter forward.

oldowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius 4 (2010) Audi Q5 (2014)
Any third party providers of hard tops that bear looking into?

Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

This leaves me very disillusioned, despite never having intentions on getting this power soft top.

Should I be annoyed that Jeep never tested this, and that if they didn't--which would be utterly irresponsible--what else did they failed to test?

Or should I be annoyed that Jeep did test this, had to have gotten the same results, but remained hush about it, leading me to ask, what else about the JL(U/T) do they know about that needs to be improved, but that they are not sharing with the general public.

As a software developer we would have a test suite that every new build of software would have to go through and pass before the software could be released. Every reported bug fixed in the past, every potential problem that could be envisioned with past releases and features of the new release got tested.

FCA has to have similar lists of the problems they've run across on a plethora of the rig's systems, let alone on leaking tops, and the testing they used to insure the problem remedied. These tests all should have been redone on the JL(U/T) and passed before a product met its market.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I'm disappointed, but every Jeep I've owned has dumped water in when I open the door if there's water on the top. The soft tops were worse to be sure, but it happened on my hardtop just last time it rained

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I wish it sucked. Sucked all the water up before it splashes all over the dash and carpet. However, I've accepted it as "it's a Jeep thing", shouldn't be but is. So, I had planned on removing carpet anyway. Manley chose a windshield that folds for the very few over no water fall for the many. Not the choice I would have made but they didn't ask me. Yes, I live in Seattle, yes my Jeep will live outside (water toys in the garage) but it never rains here. Warranty for electronics and switch gear?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I think that having a top so flat is always gonna create this kind of issue, with just water staying on top....
But does anybody here wants to see the next jeep with a rounder roof ?!?!
That’s what i thought lol

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I wish it sucked. Sucked all the water up before it splashes all over the dash and carpet. However, I've accepted it as "it's a Jeep thing", shouldn't be but is. So, I had planned on removing carpet anyway. Manley chose a windshield that folds for the very few over no water fall for the many. Not the choice I would have made but they didn't ask me. Yes, I live in Seattle, yes my Jeep will live outside (water toys in the garage) but it never rains here. Warranty for electronics and switch gear?
23mdwa.jpg

TriKen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
A whole ton of water is channeled into the car and on top of the dash board when opening the door of a wet JL. Thanks TFL for being honest with the reviews.
Great CarWash video, Thanks.

Will the One-Touch top be available on 2 door models?

And more specifically: Will 2 door JL be available with 1/2 doors, and removable rear quarter windows HardTop? Creating a Flattop looking 2 Door.

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
They already said powe top will only be available for 4 dr rubicon’s or Sahara’s only

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
It was raining pretty good when I was out today and I ended up confirming that the water from the drip rail does indeed pour right into the driver's side floorboard when I open the driver's side door. Nice little stream of water. :( I had speculated previously when I saw this mentioned in another post that maybe parking on an incline might make a difference, so at my next stop, I parked where my passenger side wheels were up on the curb. That seems to be enough of a change that the water does not end up in the vehicle anymore.
Sponsored