First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’ve been looking into the Power Tank system, it seems to be pretty solid. I see that’s it’s pricey, but I’ve been told it’s performance makes up for it. Looking to see if anyone out there is running one and can provide feedback good/bad.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We run them. Love it. Works great, does what it’s supposed to and looks good doing it.

Brett

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Power Tank. I got the RV pack with the bag, short coiled hose, and long lead. Airing up goes super fast, and I don't get a head rush from bending over (yeah, I'm old). You are limited with respect to capacity, but more than enough for a day. Check the charts on the website to match capacity to your driving habits and equipment. I'm thinking of getting a backup tank for longer trips.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm happy with mine. I have a mount on my rollcage and a long enough coiled hose that I can leave it there. It really is super fast to inflate and it's quiet. Yes, you do have to get it filled every so often, so you have to make sure you've got a local place who can take care of that for you. But as long as you've got that place, you're golden.

For what it's worth, I carry a small portable compressor as a backup just in case, but I've never had to use it.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a mount on my rollcage and a long enough coiled hose that I can leave it there.
If I were to buy again, I'd go this route to free up space in the tub, but definitely stick with the inflator with a long lead. I may switch to that anyway.

The other thing I second-guess myself about is the gauge. I got the analog one because I don't have to worry about battery failure, but I find myself wishing I'd gotten the digital one. Still going back-and-forth about that a year in.

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If I were to buy again, I'd go this route to free up space in the tub, but definitely stick with the inflator with a long lead. I may switch to that anyway.

The other thing I second-guess myself about is the gauge. I got the analog one because I don't have to worry about battery failure, but I find myself wishing I'd gotten the digital one. Still going back-and-forth about that a year in.
The cage mount is really nice. But it does cause interference issues with my Slipstream and the bottle strap rattles unless I have the bottle in there at all times, or if I don‘t tie it down.

I think you made the right call on the analog (it’s what I have too). I knew the battery would fail at a terrible time and now I don’t have to worry about that happening. I feel the analog gauge makes the whole setup more reliable.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The cage mount is really nice. But it does cause interference issues with my Slipstream...
Thanks for sharing this. I also have a Slipstream and hadn't considered this. Does the deck section closest to the tailgate hit the Power Tank when you flip it up?

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I’ve been looking into the Power Tank system, it seems to be pretty solid. I see that’s it’s pricey, but I’ve been told it’s performance makes up for it. Looking to see if anyone out there is running one and can provide feedback good/bad.
Got it and love it!
I've had compressors for years and they get old fast! The Powertank is so much better.
After 4 tires the hose does get pretty cold and loses stretch, so I do the driver front tire first to accommodate.
It takes me from ~14 PSI to ~32 PSI in about 90 seconds with 35's, and is good for up to 5 refills with the 10# tank.
Jeep Wrangler JL Power Tank feedback powertank

OP
OP
Fonzilla85

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Got it and love it!
I've had compressors for years and they get old fast! The Powertank is so much better.
After 4 tires the hose does get pretty cold and loses stretch, so I do the driver front tire first to accommodate.
It takes me from ~14 PSI to ~32 PSI in about 90 seconds with 35's, and is good for up to 5 refills with the 10# tank.
Jeep Wrangler JL Power Tank feedback powertank
This set up looks awesome, I really like how the tank is up and out of the way. Thanks for the info.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for sharing this. I also have a Slipstream and hadn't considered this. Does the deck section closest to the tailgate hit the Power Tank when you flip it up?
Yep, that’s exactly what happens. And even without the tank, it hits the mount.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a CO2 regulator and got a 20 lb tank of CO2 from the local gas supply depo. Works the same, fraction of the cost.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Yep, that’s exactly what happens. And even without the tank, it hits the mount.
Yea this option would only work if you left that down almost always.
Otherwise if you have some designing basics, you could get a cradle that you can screw on top of that deck. Helps keep the functionality of the deck, and you get a cool air up tool.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Otherwise if you have some designing basics, you could get a cradle that you can screw on top of that deck
True. I have been considering this. And no fabrication is required because Power Tank offer a regulator snorkel if you want to lay it flat, and a floor bracket if you want it on an angle. There is some reduction of utility of the back Slipstream lid, however.

But I digress. Apologies to the OP for the thread hijacking...

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a CO2 regulator and got a 20 lb tank of CO2 from the local gas supply depo. Works the same, fraction of the cost.
Very true, there are much lower-cost paths that will fill your tires equally well.

The value proposition for Power Tank is the system of components--tanks, brackets, hoses, inflators, bags, etc.--that Power Tank verifies will work together. For me, it was worth the extra money, but the DIY path is a great option.
Sponsored