Power Steering Issues?!

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
PSC has the solution for the 3.8 guys. I hope the release something similar for the Ecodiesel

5620CEAE-603B-4590-A090-A73FAD00738B.png

3A5CC1F5-0D1D-4AB1-B8EF-EE2CFC564ED7.png

894FC865-0D0E-4E4A-A86D-4B62F38E93A3.png

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.6 owners. Woops

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got off the phone with PSC, they have an EcoDiesel and are designing hard parts to to run traditional steering. The tech says he gets 3-4 calls a week about poor steering on the Ecodiesel JL and he’s just one of the many techs. Kit should be ready in 2-3 months

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Just got off the phone with PSC, they have an EcoDiesel and are designing hard parts to to run traditional steering. The tech says he gets 3-4 calls a week about poor steering on the Ecodiesel JL and he’s just one of the many techs. Kit should be ready in 2-3 months

Sponsored

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Mine is on 40s with 2500 miles (2k while on 40s) and no issues. Steering feels strong and hasn’t had issues going up the mountain on twisty roads.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you use 4WD much? Mine never gets hot in 2wd but 15 minutes in 4WD and almost instantly with the front locker engaged I get the warning light.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid statements. All of your engineering degrees make you know better than the real engineers that have to shake their heads every day at the back yard mechanics "fixes" that are made on Jeeps.
Backing up the so called ‘professional Jeep engineers’ regarding steering issues won’t be popular on these boards, whether for the gas or diesel motors.

In this case, just because Jeep put in some software protections, and the Jeep is behaving as listed in the manual, doesn’t mean they engineered an adequate system. The use conditions listed by others in this thread are not extreme or unique to a few Jeep owners. (Though they may be extreme or unique in Nebraska) Even Hell’s Gate is just flat rock on an incline. Not much by way of ruts to catch your tires in.

Aftermarket to the rescue!

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking around under the hood today and have a few thoughts:
The extra weight of the diesel and in my case, a winch has to be contributing to my steering overheating.
Speaking of heat, the steering system I’m our jeeps DOES NOT have a cooler of any kind!
The pump is mounted on passenger frame rail right behind rad and is contacted by an inter cooler tube. It and the steering box are both aluminum which soak up heat. No wonder it heats hot!
I think some possible solutions would be to add the largest cooler possible on the return line and mount it right behind grill. Notch fender liners and space them off so as to add air flow to pump and box. Find a better fluid to work in the stressful environment.
Just my .02

8A839C5D-77EA-4F0C-B282-7AC7CB07F367.jpeg

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least they are acknowledging the other problem with the steering.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
At least they are acknowledging the other problem with the steering.
Acknowledging and fixing with new steering box and software update.

Apparently it will not help with overheating though, it’s just a steel steering gear box Vs Aluminum
Sponsored