Power steering pump overheating issue on 2020 Eco diesel.

FinnCustomKnives

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I had the overheating issue 2 times now. However I was aired down to 17psi, it was 112° out on Hell's Revenge and 105° on Top of the World 2 days later. Basically grippy as hell ground, aired down tires, and high ambient temps were the cause and honestly it kind of makes sense. Now that isn't to say those conditions on those trails shouldn't have been test bed number 1 for Jeep.

It never got hot enough I guess to show itself in terms of reduced performance but I also let it cool a bit when the messages came up.
Advertisement

supermike

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I’m experiencing weak/hard to turn power steering when turning stationary. Stock 33 in ko2 392 couple thousand miles. Have the black steel gear box.

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I am having local dealer looking at it next week. I requested swaping my aluminum steering gear box for steel one. Will see if that change anything. I am waiting with mounting of my 40” Coopers. Don’t Want to give them easy excuse for overheating.
I had the steel gearbox put in and it did not help

OP
OP

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I had the steel gearbox put in and it did not help
I guess i am stuck with aluminum gear box. I went to shitty local dealership and they refused to do anything to it since it is "highly modified". I will eventually install some additional radiator. If i find good location for it. I wanted to get it done before mounting 40" tires. Aluminum box works good so I just leave it alone.

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement