spdrcr5

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear that you had a good experience at Koons, without pressure . Thanks for letting me know. I've been to Jeep Chat a few times and I've been checking Cryptostickers.net at least two times daily. Maintaining patience hasn't been easy, but in the meantime, the value of my potential trade in has risen over the past several weeks, so that's some consolation. I'll probably go with dealer financing (at least for a few months)to take advantage of an extra $1K off. The Koons family has been around the NoVa/Washington DC area for as long as I can remember. As far as I know they have an pretty good reputation. My mom actually purchased a Chevy Suburban from JKJ (John Koons Jr) Chevrolet back in the 80s. The JKJ showroom building (right around the corner from Koons Tysons CJDR) and dealer are still there under a different name.
I am not local to VA, I am flying down from Long Island Friday morning. Taking an Uber to the dealer, doing the paperwork then driving back home. Figure with traffic will take 6+ hours.

Unfortunately I don't have a trade-in but I do have extra $$$ from my 2019 which was totaled in July and it went way up in value. I will also be using Chrysler Capital to finance and in 3 months will check interest rates and see if it is worth changing, as you said worth the extra $1k savings!

Talox

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU XR Granite crystal (ordered 8/23)
Another Granite Crystal Picked up today

ordered 8-23

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here jeep at dealer

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here jeep profile

noticed a small bubble in the paint already, I'll be talking to the body shop about some preventative treatment

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here jeep hinge bubble - Copy

Last edited:

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
God, please help me…..

After placing my original 392 order on 11/18/2020 which officially was declared a lemon this past May, I waited another 5 months for a 392 XR order which I finally picked up 3 days ago. On the first day the safety feature on the Sky One Touch failed and nearly decapitated my son while we were parked in front of school. Then just a few hours ago, my 392 lost complete power and shut down while driving, gear lights on shifter and console started flashing, “service electronic stability control” warning turns on, vehicle doesn’t recognize it is in park, cannot get it into drive at all and then the dreaded check engine light turns on. Fuse box felt extremely hot, weird smell similar to that of oil burning all with only 67 miles on this new 392 XR after waiting 11 months from time original order was placed. Please god, this can’t be possible. Can I somehow be headed toward TWO Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Lemons in a row???? Please tell me I am dreaming and this is just a bad nightmare and I haven’t woken up yet….. PLEASE I BEG YOU….. PLEASE DON’T LET THIS BE TRUE….. I LOVE MY 392 XR TO DEATH. IT’S EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE BUT I CAN’T POSSIBLY GO THROUGH THE LAST YEAR ALL OVER AGAIN…. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

:please: :facepalm: :headbang: :angry: :please:

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here E79144D0-C6ED-418A-9B22-5E40FDE8CD61

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 236E44A1-C085-4AAD-BADB-DFA454DAAC5C

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here B335F733-45CF-4483-BF33-B36F8247BA12

I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW…. HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
God, please help me…..

After placing my original 392 order on 11/18/2020 which officially was declared a lemon this past May, I waited another 5 months for a 392 XR order which I finally picked up 3 days ago. On the first day the safety feature on the Sky One Touch failed and nearly decapitated my son while we were parked in front of school. Then just a few hours ago, my 392 lost complete power and shut down while driving, gear lights on shifter and console started flashing, “service electronic stability control” warning turns on, vehicle doesn’t recognize it is in park, cannot get it into drive at all and then the dreaded check engine light turns on. Fuse box felt extremely hot, weird smell similar to that of oil burning all with only 67 miles on this new 392 XR after waiting 11 months from time original order was placed. Please god, this can’t be possible. Can I somehow be headed toward TWO Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Lemons in a row???? Please tell me I am dreaming and this is just a bad nightmare and I haven’t woken up yet….. PLEASE I BEG YOU….. PLEASE DON’T LET THIS BE TRUE….. I LOVE MY 392 XR TO DEATH. IT’S EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE BUT I CAN’T POSSIBLY GO THROUGH THE LAST YEAR ALL OVER AGAIN…. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

:please: :facepalm: :headbang: :angry: :please:

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here trim.2E452BA1-1148-49F6-8473-5336D830D6B0.MOV

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here trim.2E452BA1-1148-49F6-8473-5336D830D6B0.MOV

I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW…. HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE!!!!
Absolutely unacceptable for a new vehicle, especially one that costs this much, to have the issues you’re describing. Definitely needs a trip back to the dealer. In the meantime, I’d consider pulling your battery cable and making sure all fuses are fully seated. Reinstall the battery cable and see if it’s still throwing Christmas lights on your dash…probably won’t help but free and worth a shot

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Absolutely unacceptable for a new vehicle, especially one that costs this much, to have the issues you’re describing. Definitely needs a trip back to the dealer. In the meantime, I’d consider pulling your battery cable and making sure all fuses are fully seated. Reinstall the battery cable and see if it’s still throwing Christmas lights on your dash…probably won’t help but free and worth a shot
Thank you for the suggestion. I really appreciate it. I had a friend who lives down the block with a lot of car experience and he disconnected the battery for a few minutes last night and it got the computer to reset and was able to get the vehicle out of the middle of the road and drive it home a few blocks. For everyone out there, it definitely works and saved me about 2 hours in the rain waiting around for a tow truck!!!! Hopefully the dealer will be able to figure out why it happened in the first place and hopefully it’s a quick part replacement for something that won’t happen again but I’m not holding my breath. The temperature under the hood (mainly around the fuse box) was so hot that I was worried the fuses would eventually start melting or a fire would start. Engine was only on for about an hour or so It’s definitely disconcerting.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Anyone have an idea of possible status when the vehicle/VIN shows up at dealer website(or cars.com) and last I heard was the jeep had been built and awaiting shipping last time I checked JC a few days ago?
I dunno but my Jeep has been on CarGurus for 24 days. My XR is arriving at the rail yard (or should be there) ETA to dealer is next week sometime. So I think CarGurus picks up once it’s build since that lines up with my build date of end of September.

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I dunno but my Jeep has been on CarGurus for 24 days. My XR is arriving at the rail yard (or should be there) ETA to dealer is next week sometime. So I think CarGurus picks up once it’s build since that lines up with my build date of end of September.
My 392XR is on cargurus as well so I called my dealer for an ETA. He said it hits cargurus as soon as it’s listed in their inventory and it gets added to their inventory when it is in KZ and released by the plant.

Sim1TheOne

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR
Occupation
RN
My 392XR is on cargurus as well so I called my dealer for an ETA. He said it hits cargurus as soon as it’s listed in their inventory and it gets added to their inventory when it is in KZ and released by the plant.
Well, that’s good to know. I found mine on there last night. I was wondering “How could they betray me l like this”lol. I had just talked to the dealer about shipping the day before 😅

Sponsored

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
New estimated ship date 10/22, fingers crossed this one holds!
JB: 10/25

Finally some movement! With my luck I’ll end up back in D by tomorrow 😂

Beasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Accord, 22 Jeep 392
JC Changed my ETA from 10/25-11/08 to 10/28-11/08. I don't want to bother dealer so I will wait until Friday mostly to ask if they have better date.

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
It's here, it's here - the wait is over (well, kinda)...

Got these pics from my dealer today! So pumped to have this thing built - now I wait just a little bit longer for it to ship up to me (it's currently in Kentucky and I'm in Connecticut). Hoping to be driving it this weekend!

Sponsored