Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Agregorio

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
If mine is showing on cargururs... is it safe to assume its been delivered? I havent heard from my dealer since monday.
Sponsored

Nbaptie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Order 8/22
Vin and VON within a week
Jc says parts are in
No other status
Probably see it in November maybe.
Has everything but steal bumpers, gorilla glass and leds. It's a soft top.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
It's either already at the dealer, or you are extremely close. My experience with JC was that they were still giving me an ETA range when in fact the vehicle was already delivered. They did not get me the delivered status until 3 days later.

I was able to pull up my VIN on carguru and dealer's site two days after the vehicle was delivered.
Thanks for this info;

I know websites have info that isn't exactly reliable. Cars.com shows I've got the 392 hood on my V6. :LOL: part of me wishes it is true even though I know its not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 1634746595934

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Help wanted. I am frustrated and looking for suggestions. Not knee jerk ones, constructive suggestions to gather the information needed to choose the right path forward.

Our JLUR XR has been in the paint process for over two weeks now.

"F" — paint today according to sales person and Jeep Chat.

6 October F paint
25 September D1 gateline
23 August VIN
18 August Ordered
I wasn't checking everyday back in the first week in October it may have arrived in paint sooner, but we have been told it has been in paint since then.

So, I have heard from our sales manager that they do not update status daily. Okay. My sales person whom I love and have bought numerous new and used vehicles from is likely doing her best.

I have had different experiences with Jeep Chat and been told by some to check back in a week or two while others have encouraged me to check any time. Yesterday I received a case number, though I am not entirely sure what that means.

Today I had this exchange on Jeep Chat; it is pretty typical of the others I have had, too:

April: Thank you for chatting with us, my name is April with Jeep Customer Care. Please keep the chat window open to participate in a brief survey at the completion of our conversation.
Me: Glad too do the survey, April
April: thanks5:25:46 PM how can i help you today Bruce?
Me: I am looking for information regarding the vehicle you all are building for us. 843648 (gave her the VON, my name, address, etcetera. Sold to us by (sales person) the best Jeep sales person ever, who works at (dealership)–
April: Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Welcome to the Family! I can absolutely look into this here for you. Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the paint stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. Please reach out to the Selling Dealer as they may have a more accurate date of arrival or status for you.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: I don't really know what this means, but Pamela gave me this number, too: (case number)
Paint. It has been in paint since at least 6 October. That is disturbing me–

April: yes it is in paint, im not sure why it is still there, it is waiting to be released to the next stage of trim stage, so it could be backed up in next stage, just waiting for the next stage production team.
Me: What does the number (case number), mean?
April: there is no time frame for the stages, we are informed if it reaches 30 days we escalate it
that is a case number, your vehicle has already been escalated
Me: So, what does that mean?
April: your vehicle is put into watch and priority
(no typing by either of us... Convinced I am not going to actually learn anything from April )
Me: Thank you for your time. I hope you have a nice evening–
April: You too. : )

So, since April answered about a case number, do you all know what does escalate mean?

What do you think about a new build being in paint for over two weeks?

I am not looking for suggestions to get something other than a vehicle that is top notch.

Please do not suggest I ask for free rock rails, or extra oil changes, or 7% off. That is not what I am seeking.

What I want is to leave with my new Jeep without wondering when the other shoe will drop. How do I best find out exactly what is going on before I take delivery? I am not a car inspector. What must I know before accepting the vehicle, if it ever shows up?

Last edited:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Help wanted. I am frustrated and looking for suggestions. Not knee jerk ones, constructive suggestions to gather the information needed to choose the right path forward.

6 October F paint
25 September D1 gateline
23 August VIN
18 August Ordered
I wasn't checking everyday back in the first week in October it may have arrived in paint sooner, but we have been told it has been in paint since then.

So, I have heard from our sales manager that they do not update status daily. Okay. My sales person whom I love and have bought numerous new and used vehicles from is likely doing her best.

I have had different experiences with Jeep Chat and been told by some to check back in a week or two while others have encouraged me to check any time. Yesterday I received a case number, though I am not entirely sure what that means.

Today I had this exchange on Jeep Chat; it is pretty typical of the others I have had, too:

April: Thank you for chatting with us, my name is April with Jeep Customer Care. Please keep the chat window open to participate in a brief survey at the completion of our conversation.
Me: I am looking for information regarding the vehicle you all are building for us. 843648 (gave her the VON, my name, address, etcetera. Sold to us by (sales person) the best Jeep sales person ever, who works at (dealership)–
April: Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Welcome to the Family! I can absolutely look into this here for you. Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the paint stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. Please reach out to the Selling Dealer as they may have a more accurate date of arrival or status for you.
Me: I don't really know what this means, but Pamela gave me this number, too: (case number)

April: yes it is in paint, im not sure why it is still there, it is waiting to be released to the next stage of trim stage, so it could be backed up in next stage, just waiting for the next stage production team.
April: there is no time frame for the stages, we are informed if it reaches 30 days we escalate it
(no typing by either of us... Convinced I am not going to actually learn anything from April )

So, since April never answered do you all know what a case number is?

I am not looking for suggestions to get something other than a vehicle that is top notch.

Please do not suggest I ask for free rock rails, or extra oil changes, or 7% off. That is not what I am seeking.

What I want is to leave with my new Jeep without wondering when the other shoe will drop. How do I best find out exactly what is going on before I take delivery? I am not a car inspector. What must I know before accepting the vehicle, if it ever shows up?
Man I wish I knew what was going on with your Jeep so I could help ya. It sucks, I know the wait is the worst. The best I can tell you is it definitely feels like the information isn’t up to date. Your Jeep could have been selected for quality control, maybe something was wrong with the paint and it needed mort time to get it right. But I think most likely it’s probably down the line and just lost in the system. Be patient, the day will finally come and it WILL be worth it. It’s just a bumpy ride getting there.

Sponsored

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Just got word that I'm pending shipping with an ETA to dealer of 10/21 - 11/1 (order placed on 9/14)

I might just get this thing before Halloween! AND - if I get lucky I can squeeze a few rides in with the top/doors off before it gets too cold here in Connecticut.

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Change of plans... again! I am now flying down to VA to get the Jeep on my own next Friday, Oct 29. Will then drive back to NY same day. If I didn't do this I would have to wait until almost the end of Nov as I just found out I can't get it on 11/6 and we have things planned all over the place.
That's more like it! Go get that thing...

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Man I wish I knew what was going on with your Jeep so I could help ya. It sucks, I know the wait is the worst. The best I can tell you is it definitely feels like the information isn’t up to date. Your Jeep could have been selected for quality control, maybe something was wrong with the paint and it needed mort time to get it right. But I think most likely it’s probably down the line and just lost in the system. Be patient, the day will finally come and it WILL be worth it. It’s just a bumpy ride getting there.
@jeepeta You and my much better half are saying the same thing: lost it the system. That would be the best news. I guess I am imagining the worst as you allured to that the paint got messed up. That brings up images of driving a white GMC pickup with peeling paint.

On the way home tonight it ocurred to me that if I could have I would have bought one off the lot; then I'd not have any idea how long it was in paint.

My Jule reminded me we are too busy at work for me to be obsessing about the Jeep. So, I will wait to see where we come out. Thank you for the kind encouragement. I am enjoying your build and trip photos—

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike

6 October F paint
25 September D1 gateline
23 August VIN
18 August Ordered

So, since April answered about a case number, do you all know what does escalate mean?

I wish I was in paint...I ordered on Aug 3 and am still stuck in the gathering parts/waiting to start build process (have been back and forth 4 times in this process)...so you are way ahead of me and others...lol
Just thought I'd try to calm you down by letting you know you're really much farther ahead than others.
Good luck in the rest of the process and enjoy the new rig.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited

6 October F paint
25 September D1 gateline
23 August VIN
18 August Ordered

I would call Jeep(877) 426-5337. I received much more info than JC was giving me.

Sponsored

Agregorio

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Ugh, Ive been in shipping status for 2 weeks now. Original ETA was 10/14-10/28. JC changed this morning to reflect 10/24-11/07.

Mb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I Ordered on Aug 30th and was just told my Jeep should be at my dealer by tomorrow or Saturday! I had seen a post asking about the "Gorilla Glass" being removed from orders, I show it on my window sticker so hopefully that is not fake news when I actually see the vehicle.

spdrcr5

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR
Vehicle Showcase
I Ordered on Aug 30th and was just told my Jeep should be at my dealer by tomorrow or Saturday! I had seen a post asking about the "Gorilla Glass" being removed from orders, I show it on my window sticker so hopefully that is not fake news when I actually see the vehicle.
I got gorilla glass and it shows on the window sticker. It better be installed!

WooPig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUXRR 392

6 October F paint
25 September D1 gateline
23 August VIN
18 August Ordered

i wouldn’t worry to much. It could be something as simple as the line where your Jeep is headed next is backed up which is why it still shows in F simply because it can’t move forward, not bc it had an issue with the paint.
I also believe they do the same escalation when your build hits the 10 weeks in D status. I got the same info about it being escalated and prioritized (ordered 7/10). I do know an axle shortage or issue has held up builds and last weekend some shifts were canceled as well.
Sponsored