Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
@Jeepeto - one more question - how hard does it look like it will be to remove the flare add on thing?
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Jeepeto - one more question - how hard does it look like it will be to remove the flare add on thing?
I'll have to wait for my wife to get home to confirm, but I believe it's just the little plastic rivets. Shouldn't be a hard process, I've had good luck just punching the center pin of the rivets a few times with an automatic center punch and the pin just lets go allowing the rivet to pull right out. But I did have a conversation with someone on here the other day who tried the same technique without much luck so... YMMV.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I was hoping to see it with the top and doors off - don't tease us with it covered up!
He has Wisconsin plates. He had better go naked while he can. The snow starts flying up there in October :)

Sponsored

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)
I'll have to wait for my wife to get home...
Does she enjoy driving it? This is an extra vehicle for us, and my wife is really excited to drive it. She's never driven a wrangler, my TJ is manual and she can barely get in :LOL: I feel like we're going to be ordering another cause we'll be fighting over who gets to take it(I told her to put in an order for Tuscadero), or getting my TJ back to street mannered. This order got me the Jeep bug again...

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Does she enjoy driving it? This is an extra vehicle for us, and my wife is really excited to drive it. She's never driven a wrangler, my TJ is manual and she can barely get in :LOL: I feel like we're going to be ordering another cause we'll be fighting over who gets to take it(I told her to put in an order for Tuscadero), or getting my TJ back to street mannered. This order got me the Jeep bug again...
I said this before but my wife liked driving my 18 Rubicon with Mopar Lift and 37s more than her 2020 GLE 350 Mercedes, so the Benz is gone and an XR Tuscadero Rubicon is on order.!

JLs are just plain Awesome…they can be comfortable on road and capable off road.

"…………I laugh at she can barely get in the TJ. My wife loves her YJ, but she needs a stirrup to get in and sometimes a little boost in the butt from me!

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yeah, she usually gets stuck with my weekend cars as her daily drivers. She tends to stay in our small town, and only puts a few thousand miles on a vehicle each year. Her last vehicle was a 2019 2 door JL Sport 6MT, and the one before that was a tuned 2018 Subaru WRX 6MT. She's liked the "cool" factor of all of them, but this one is in another league as far as creature comforts (it still feels like a weird thing to say about a jeep). She's been excited throughout the whole build process, bugging me for daily updates. She's definitely a Jeep person, and we both agree that we won't ever be without one in the driveway again.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ughhh that sucks! You may be able to contact a mobile auto upholstery repair and they could fix relatively inexpensive, then add the protective skins.
It's fine. I just don't want to leave it unprotected for the life of the vehicle, it would get trashed. I worried myself sick about little things like this in previous vehicles. Part of the reason I like the Jeep is I know it's going to show use, and that gives me the freedom to not feel sick over things like this. It sucks, and I wish it hadn't happened, but "It's a Jeep". Soon it will have it's first scratches, and I'll have the freedom to treat it like the trail rig that it is.

Still wish I had just ordered those thin skins a week ago... Learn from my mistake.