Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
I have realized through other orders, once I check, I start to check more and more, then get wound up about it. This time I have decided I will wait at least a month between checks. Out of sight, out of mind lol.
I couldn't wait that long!!! Haha
Sponsored

SrslyUnfazed

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Corvette
I have realized through other orders, once I check, I start to check more and more, then get wound up about it. This time I have decided I will wait at least a month between checks. Out of sight, out of mind lol.
haha i need this kind of discipline. i fell into the black hole already

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
And I thought I was doing good at every 10 days or so.

So If I have the VON # where can I go to check to see, other than just pestering the dealer.

I couldn't wait that long!!! Haha

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
And I thought I was doing good at every 10 days or so.

So If I have the VON # where can I go to check to see, other than just pestering the

So If I have the VON # where can I go to check to see, other than just pestering the dealer.
Jeep chat is a great place to check daily, weekly, twice a day, etc. It gives you a place to check more often...not always going to hear anything, but it's def worth a try!
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
V - that's my exact build too! Thanks BIG TIME for posting those pics WOW love it

I ordered mine on 7/12 deposit of $5000 and still no vin as of 8/14. What's this Jeep chat to see the progress everyone is talking about?
Random, but why was the deposit so much $$?

Sponsored

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I'm wondering if it's my computer that's not allowing me to initiate a chat but then it hit me that it's Sunday. Is that why the "chat" button is disabled on the site or is it my computer?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
So I'm wondering if it's my computer that's not allowing me to initiate a chat but then it hit me that it's Sunday. Is that why the "chat" button is disabled on the site or is it my computer?
It's closed on Sundays.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Random, but why was the deposit so much $$?
I called 4 dealers and this was the only one that had any open allocations that was not charging over MSRP, so to make sure they knew I was for real and not going to burn them I told them I'd send a $5000 check to lock it all in. They are about 1.5 hrs from me and I did it all over the phone and text.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

First post here, forgive me if I'm out of line in any way.

I was told by the dealer to expect ~6-8 weeks to take delivery. I ordered 7/23, got a vin within a week and a week later a ship date of 8/25. I checked with Jeep Chat a couple times and they "have all the parts, and should start building soon". I heard from the dealer this morning that the ship date has been moved up a day to 8/24. I don't know if I should be getting my hopes up at this point or if this is likely to fall through. I've heard Gorilla glass may be causing delay and headliners as well. I don't know if this is all speculation but it seems to be going smooth, or at least that's the lip service I'm being given.

FWIW, build is:
2021 JLUR
3.6L with 8 speed auto
Firecracker Red
Leather seats
Mopar All weather Mats
Hardtop Headliner
Gorilla Glass
Prem. Audio
Trailer Tow
Cold weather group
LED Lighting group
Body color fenders
Body color hard top
Proximity keyless entry
and of course Xtreme Recon package

Sponsored

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital

I was told by the dealer to expect ~6-8 weeks to take delivery. I ordered 7/23, got a vin within a week and a week later a ship date of 8/25. I checked with Jeep Chat a couple times and they "have all the parts, and should start building soon". I heard from the dealer this morning that the ship date has been moved up a day to 8/24. I don't know if I should be getting my hopes up at this point or if this is likely to fall through. I've heard Gorilla glass may be causing delay and headliners as well. I don't know if this is all speculation but it seems to be going smooth, or at least that's the lip service I'm being given.

FWIW, build is:
2021 JLUR
3.6L with 8 speed auto
Firecracker Red
Leather seats
Mopar All weather Mats
Hardtop Headliner
Gorilla Glass
Prem. Audio
Trailer Tow
Cold weather group
LED Lighting group
Body color fenders
Body color hard top
Proximity keyless entry
and of corse Xtreme Recon package
Welcome to the forum. Sometimes 6-8 weeks works out but with the XR package it will be slower than that. There aren't any Rubicons being built at this time with XR package. That's about to change. Many like you found out last week that "Parts have been gathered, about to start". This is good news for all of us that ordered XR Rubicons. Baring any trouble during the build, it does go pretty fast once started but then slows down again. It might sit awhile waiting to ship. If you're close enough to Toledo it will get trucked but the majority get sent via railcar and then trucked to your deanship. If you're on the West coast it will take awhile, deep South, same thing. But at least you'll know it's on it's way. The hardest part of the whole wait is waiting for them to start.

The Gorilla glass was a big holdup for awhile but not anymore. Right now the holdup is the XR package. Canadian orders, 2 doors and 4XE's still take longer the others.

We all hoped when Jeep said they would start the XR builds in August it would be the first week of August but it never works that way :) Hopefully they get started on them this week and I think they will. Hopefully someone will report being in a stage other than D1 "Parts gathered/Scheduling).

Edit. And I should mention something about ship date. Here's a copy/paste from the Order/Build Guide sticky thread.
"Remember the estimated ship date you are given at this point is usually the estimated build date, when it will be planned for assembly".
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FWIW, build is:
2021 JLUR
3.6L with 8 speed auto
Firecracker Red
Leather seats
Mopar All weather Mats
Hardtop Headliner
Gorilla Glass
Prem. Audio
Trailer Tow
Cold weather group
LED Lighting group
Body color fenders
Body color hard top
Proximity keyless entry
and of course Xtreme Recon package
Welcome to the forum! You'll be enjoying your Jeep in no time, but as others have pointed out, the XR package will certainly add some delays. Worth it though! I always hesitate when dealers tell people 6-8 weeks... and while I see some people have gotten theirs faster, mine has literally always been closer to 12 weeks. This is my 4th JL order, so yeah :)

But either way, they stated they wouldn't even start XR production until sometime in August. Typically ship date is build completion date (only takes a day) from my experience. And really all that means is it's been signed off on and is in KZ and waiting for a train (or a truck if your dealer is within a few hours drive from the factory).

So if they say 8/25 -- you are probably another 2 weeks minimum (potentially 3) from delivery to the dealer. So that means 7/23 order, and likely delivery of around 9/15. Roughly 7-8 weeks.

FWIW, I ordered my 392 XR back on July 5th and I'm not even in D1 yet. I then put another order in with another dealership on July 23rd (taking delivery of both) and this order is also yet to hit D1. At least on the 2nd order I got an estimated dealer arrival date of 11/6. Who knows though. But that's a solid two months after yours and I ordered the same day (and this dealer is 500 miles from the factory as opposed to Phoenix being 2000). And for those saying they are prioritizing the highest MSRP builds -- mine are both nearing the $90k marker.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes 6-8 weeks works out but with the XR package it will be slower than that. There aren't any Rubicons being built at this time with XR package. That's about to change. Many like you found out last week that "Parts have been gathered, about to start". This is good news for all of us that ordered XR Rubicons. Baring any trouble during the build, it does go pretty fast once started but then slows down again. It might sit awhile waiting to ship. If you're close enough to Toledo it will get trucked but the majority get sent via railcar and then trucked to your deanship. If you're on the West coast it will take awhile, deep South, same thing. But at least you'll know it's on it's way. The hardest part of the whole wait is waiting for them to start.

The Gorilla glass was a big holdup for awhile but not anymore. Right now the holdup is the XR package. Canadian orders, 2 doors and 4XE's still take longer the others.

We all hoped when Jeep said they would start the XR builds in August it would be the first week of August but it never works that way :) Hopefully they get started on them this week and I think they will. Hopefully someone will report being in a stage other than D1 "Parts gathered/Scheduling).

Edit. And I should mention something about ship date. Here's a copy/paste from the Order/Build Guide sticky thread.
"Remember the estimated ship date you are given at this point is usually the estimated build date, when it will be planned for assembly".
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/
Thank you for your input! I assumed as much. I haven't allowed myself to get too excited yet as it seems "too good to be true". For now I'll be happy enough to know that I'm not buried under months of orders waiting to get started. I've braced myself for the very real possibility that it may be October/November, anything sooner than that is just a bonus. Just hoping it shows up in time for our Moab trip over Thanksgiving as we just sold our 19 JL 2 door for fear that the used market might not be as high when it comes time to take delivery of the XR.

Out of curiosity how did you figure out they haven't started building the XR packages yet? Is this just community sourced information based on everyone checking in with JC? Or is there a source that you can go to to determine what is being produced at the moment? I'm just trying to figure out how to track progress on my side of things as I sit here patiently awaiting the new rig.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your input! I assumed as much. I haven't allowed myself to get too excited yet as it seems "too good to be true". For now I'll be happy enough to know that I'm not buried under months of orders waiting to get started. I've braced myself for the very real possibility that it may be October/November, anything sooner than that is just a bonus. Just hoping it shows up in time for our Moab trip over Thanksgiving as we just sold our 19 JL 2 door for fear that the used market might not be as high when it comes time to take delivery of the XR.

Out of curiosity how did you figure out they haven't started building the XR packages yet? Is this just community sourced information based on everyone checking in with JC? Or is there a source that you can go to to determine what is being produced at the moment? I'm just trying to figure out how to track progress on my side of things as I sit here patiently awaiting the new rig.
There was a press release and some information given by Jeep at the Chicago auto show that XR wouldn't start production until sometime later in August. I don't recall if there was an exact date (I don't think there was), but yeah.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for pointing that out. I did read through that sticky post, but I didn't catch that. It definitely seems a bit disingenuous to call it a ship date, but it actually sounds like a plausable build date, as opposed to the pipe dream of building and shipping a vehicle in the next 8 days. Fingers crossed it may actually be on schedule. Any idea what the average build time is?
Sponsored