First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Is the Mopar lift, or any lift for that matter, additive to a Jeep's factory ride height or would a JL Sport / Sahara / Rubicon all end up the same height post mopar lift? It isn't clear to me if the mopar lift would add 2 to 3 inches from what I already have with the Rubicon which I know is already taller. Based on what gets swapped with a lift, I would expect them to all come out close to the same height all else being equal.

I have searched for the answer but must not be using the right terms because I can't find the answer. Hoping to tap into the collective knowledge on the forum.
Sponsored

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Is the Mopar lift, or any lift for that matter, additive to a Jeep's factory ride height or would a JL Sport / Sahara / Rubicon all end up the same height post mopar lift? It isn't clear to me if the mopar lift would add 2 to 3 inches from what I already have with the Rubicon which I know is already taller. Based on what gets swapped with a lift, I would expect them to all come out close to the same height all else being equal.

I have searched for the answer but must not be using the right terms because I can't find the answer. Hoping to tap into the collective knowledge on the forum.
Additive to your starting point I believe.

sbmitch2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram, 2018 Bright White JLU
They would be same height less difference in tire size from the rubi. The rubi comes with different springs that add more height stock, but you are swapping those springs with the lift springs that would be all the same regardless of sport/Sahara/rubi.

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Rubicon fenders are an inch higher than others.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
If you are asking- would the same lift (Mopar) have different heights after installation on the three models- I believe the answer is no. The Rubi suspension raises the Sahara and sport to Rubi height. This would mean that your starting point is equal.

Now this raises an interesting question of that is officially true- what model do they base it on? I’d assume a lift kit made for a Rubi calculates the already higher amount. But if logged off a sport and used on a Rubi- it may not have the same impact. Hmmmmm

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Yes, what I’m asking is if you took a stock Sport, Sahara and Rubicon (let’s say with identical tires for this example) and added the Mopar lift, would they all end up the same height or very close to it? I would expect yes based on what the lift replaces but I haven’t seen it discussed anywhere. Maybe because it is obvious to everyone else but me :)

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes, what I’m asking is if you took a stock Sport, Sahara and Rubicon (let’s say with identical tires for this example) and added the Mopar lift, would they all end up the same height or very close to it? I would expect yes based on what the lift replaces but I haven’t seen it discussed anywhere. Maybe because it is obvious to everyone else but me :)
My sport s with soft top had more lift than a Sahara hard top with the same lift - mind you it was neglible but still a difference.

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Small differences due to weight (hard to soft top), etc. make sense, I would expect that. I'm just really curious to know when the Mopar lift claims 2 to 3 inches of lift, what is their starting point assumption. Unless the lift is specific to the model, or unless there is something I'm missing (likely), I don't see how it can be 2 to 3 inches additive for a Sport AND a Rubicon. I would expect something like +3 for the Sport and +1 for the Rubicon.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Is there a specific reason why you are wondering about the height variations? If you are concerned about stepping in easily, fitting in a garage, etc., I can't imagine which model you pick will make much of a difference in the end, other than possibly needing a taller lift for tires compared to the Rubicon.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If it's a spacer lift, that uses the stock springs, then you'll see a difference. But if it replaces de springs, then they will all be the same and you would have to contact the manufacturer and ask what model was the lift size based on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Is there a specific reason why you are wondering about the height variations?
Because I like to understand how things work. I hear people talk about the Mopar lift and whether they have a Sport, a Sahara or a Rubicon, everyone seems to quote the 2 1/2 inch lift. I have a Rubicon and I'm wondering if I would really see that lift compared to my already higher stock height. I'll contact Mopar and see what they have to say.

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
The definitive answer seems to be..."it depends". The most clear answer I found was from EVO MFG that includes this in the description of each setup - "2.5” lift is based on increase of a 4 Door Rubicon. 4 Door Sport and Sahara models will see higher increases and will match overall height of a lifted Rubicon model. 2 Door Models (all) will see slightly higher increases in lift. Increases will vary."

This confirms my suspicion that post lift from a full lift kit (springs/shocks, etc.) every model (of similar weight) will end up the same. Mopar didn't answer so I don't know what model and config they base their numbers on but my guess would be a JLUR. The moral of the story is to ensure you ask the company you are buying a kit from what model and configuration they based their lift claims on so you can make an informed choice. Like I said at the beginning, it could be a no duh question :)
Sponsored