Sponsored

Primary reason for purchasing a 4Xe

• Total voters

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I've kept this to two choices as I consider them the 2 primary reasons. I chose it primarily for HP/Torque with any better gas mileage icing on the cake.
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I've kept this to two choices as I consider them the 2 primary reasons.
Well if I had to choose one, it would be Gas Mileage/Green, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'm really buying one because I want to get back into a Wrangler, and the hybrid option gets my wife (very reluctantly) on board. She drives a Prius. I'm still signing my life, or at least many years worth of no more new cars, away to do it.

The ability to drive to and from work each day sans gas is icing on the cake. I'm certainly not complaining about the HP and Torque though, either, coming back from a Hemi Ram 1500.

OP
OP
Sboden

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if I had to choose one, it would be Gas Mileage/Green, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'm really buying one because I want to get back into a Wrangler, and the hybrid option gets my wife (very reluctantly) on board. She drives a Prius. I'm still signing my life, or at least many years worth of no more new cars, away to do it.

The ability to drive to and from work each day sans gas is icing on the cake. I'm certainly not complaining about the HP and Torque though, either, coming back from a Hemi Ram 1500.
You picked the correct primary reason. I'm sure there are many reasons but I think these two are the ones which speak to most people whether it is through a spouse or not lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sboden

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll add the rebate as a reason.

OP
OP
Sboden

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is the main reason you chose the vehicle. There can and will be multiple reasons but what primary one made you say yes. If there was more than one then don't vote and put in the comments. The rebate and the gas mileage was part of it for me but the hp/torque is what stood out most in my mind. If there wasn't a rebate or better gas mileage, I probably would have still bought it.

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
My normal daily usage is under 25 miles, therefore it has the perfect electric range for me. I plan to use almost no gas, except for road trips.

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
These two choices are not mutually exclusive. For me, I want the better gas mileage, and the torque, and the tax credit just makes it better. If the 4xe didn't have the gas mileage, i would have spent more on the diesel.
Absolutely the same for me. If I can afford to commute in it *and* have that extra torque to make me happy, I'm all in.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
Main reason always wanted to own a Wrangler and now I can help my taxes out as well. Paying on avg 25k in taxes sucks! Any easy method of keeping more of my money is very enticing

Sponsored

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
Closet Prius Prime owner here.....between the zero gas around the neighborhood and the tax rebate, while I may not “like” my Prius....I do love the money it has saved me. Wife has always wanted a Jeep, and for her 50th she’ll be getting the 4XE because 1) I love her (in case she sees this) and 2) those benefits I experienced with my car made this one a no brainer....tepidly looking forward to blowing all the money I saved, on all the gadgets this forum has made us aware of 😳 and hoping to spend more time on the trails than at the “mall” 😁

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
My main reason is the rebate, the $7,500.00 fed rebate is nice. My wife drives a Leaf so we have been in the green sector for many years as this is her 3rd Leaf. Being offgrid the charging is no biggie. I don't care about the fuel usage.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Looks like most of us have wives we are trying to make happy. For me it is probably the ability for my wife to drive on electric only for most of her driving and with the rebate it is actually cheaper than a gas engine. Since I do almost all the driving when we are actually out on the road the Hp and torque are just icing on the cake.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Can I say "all the above?" factors alll play together. I picked the 4xe because of the feature/benefit/value. HP and Torque are factors, Green and short trip plug-in matter for everyday convenience and green feel good thinking.......The tax credits seal the value deal. No tax credit??? Likely a diesel for torque or the 2.0 turbo for all around value and performance... They were the "value" debate I was having. But...THE 4XE QUALIFIES FOR $10K in tax back to me by feds and in Oregon so the 4XE ticks the value/performance/green box! A win/win in my analysis!

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
After picking up my taxes from my accountant today I think I will buy one for the rebate. Can’t believe what I owe for 2020.
Sponsored