Sponsored

Plant status?

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you have it you can check in with Jeep Chat for status updates. I've heard Jeep Chat isn't the best and sometimes your dealer's info is better. Personally I currently just want to verify my order was placed and accepted and my communication with my dealer has me second guessing it.
Sponsored

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
If you have it you can check in with Jeep Chat for status updates. I've heard Jeep Chat isn't the best and sometimes your dealer's info is better. Personally I currently just want to verify my order was placed and accepted and my communication with my dealer has me second guessing it.
Very true with Jeep Chat... they stated my Jeep hasn’t left Toledo yet, yet per dealer and other tracking, my Jeep as of yesterday (same day I talked to JC) is on a train last reported in N. Platte, NE! Half way to me.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I sure hope my Rubicon will get put on the assembly line tomorrow! People at Jeep chat will be escalating the case on Saturday if there’s no movement! Placed my order on 12/1/18, Jeep chat is super surprised everything is taking this long, I’m on my seventh week come this Saturday. I have to drive to another state to get my Jeep. Was in D status for 32 days and now have been in D1 status for 13 days. I got mine fully loaded and it’s a two door. Sounds like it might be the full twelve week wait from order date to delivery!

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I sure hope my Rubicon will get put on the assembly line tomorrow! People at Jeep chat will be escalating the case on Saturday if there’s no movement! Placed my order on 12/1/18, Jeep chat is super surprised everything is taking this long, I’m on my seventh week come this Saturday. I have to drive to another state to get my Jeep. Was in D status for 32 days and now have been in D1 status for 13 days. I got mine fully loaded and it’s a two door. Sounds like it might be the full twelve week wait from order date to delivery!
We're currently on shutdown and production will resume next Tuesday

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
That’s exactly what I figured! Jeep chat needs to get their facts straight! They kept promising it should be put on the line today and I had told them about the plant shut down which they had no clue about. I’m hoping it’ll get put on the line this coming Tuesday.

Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
With the plant being shut down until next week, I am puzzled as to how / why build sheets and stickers are being updated with "new" entries with dates during this period as shown on this forum's tracker. It seemed to go empty for a couple days, then builds started showing up again. A curious process, no doubt.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
JeepChat is and always has been useless. Not sure why people even talk to them. Useless marketing.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the plant being shut down until next week, I am puzzled as to how / why build sheets and stickers are being updated with "new" entries with dates during this period as shown on this forum's tracker. It seemed to go empty for a couple days, then builds started showing up again. A curious process, no doubt.
What are the "new entries" -- build sheets/stickers don't imply anything going on in the factory anyway, from my perspective. Just probably the database updating as normal. Not sure how often they update.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JL-SophieCon

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2019 JLU rubicon
I ordered mine 11-14-18. Last week I went from paint to trim to waiting on additional equipment add ons in a week and a half. It is currently in transit to the dealership. Ordered a 4 door sting gray rubicon with dual tops, hinge reinforcement, cold weather group, with V-6 and automatic

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Relax, they're back on the 22nd. If you ordered a 2.0 you may have a speedy build. I ordered my JLR 2.0 on Jan. 9. My salesman just told me I'm in D1 now. That's so quick. I've recently read others posting 2.0 builds taking 4 to 7 weeks and then they're off for delivery. Conspiracy theory is the 2.0 helps Jeep meet their CAFE target, so they're bumped to the front of the line. If that's true, I don't like the thought of butting in front of 3.6 orders which went in weeks before me.
If Jeep gets to claim 22 to 24 mpg for every 2.0L Wrangler made then the government needs to investigate. 75% of the builds seem to be Rubicons, and unless you live in flatlands you are probably going to be lucky to get 18. And that's on the computer which read 2 mpg high on my last tank

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer put My loaded JLUR order in on Dec 13. Finally went into D1 on the 3rd. It was still in D1 when i checked last Friday. I knew about the shut down, but wasn't sure if they'd have started the build prior to it or not. Sure would be nice to find out it is in the batch they begin building when production fires up again.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got my VIN/VON yesterday from my dealer.
Nice, I haven't yet. My sales guy said he'd check back Monday. It will have been a week at that point. I kind of have a feeling I'll have it later in the week given plant shut down.

I've gone back to the dealer a couple of times now to be sure on color. I'm like 99% set on Billet Silver, but the Punk'n and Mojito still tempt me. Though Punk'n wasn't very metallic which was a turn off (vs Billet Silver which is very metallic). Mojito I think would drive me crazy after a while, especially with body color flares and top.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Jeep gets to claim 22 to 24 mpg for every 2.0L Wrangler made then the government needs to investigate. 75% of the builds seem to be Rubicons, and unless you live in flatlands you are probably going to be lucky to get 18. And that's on the computer which read 2 mpg high on my last tank
Out of the 600 that went through a local dealer here, under 10% were Rubicons. Even on the other dealer (which I'm buying through), only like 5 of the 50+ Jeeps were Rubicons. Fuel mileage is always based on the most favorable version of the chassis they sell, and on top of that they test highway mpg on a dyno at 45 mph. So yeah, no way it will be 24 for highway, LOL. That said, it will be better than 16 mpg. My 98 TJ with a 5.7 hemi and 5 speed auto gets 16 lifted on 33s.
Sponsored

Last edited: