First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
@itsbeenfunmike any interest in joining this weekend?
I might be able to make it. I checked it out from the back side of Sand Canyon from fish creek. Didnā€™t make it to the squeeze tho. I was just curious if Iā€™d loose a fender or what. Lol

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Haha

I was watching some videos of the squeeze the other night doesn't look that bad. We'll see when we get there though.

OP
OP
Craigger

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

I might be able to make it. I checked it out from the back side of Sand Canyon from fish creek. Didnā€™t make it to the squeeze tho. I was just curious if Iā€™d loose a fender or what. Lol
A JK can make it without touching. I have a JL with the XR package so I'm going to guess that the extra fender flares may touch but I'm not too worried about that. We'll have plenty of people spotting so I think you'll be fine.

itsbeenfunmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
A JK can make it without touching. I have a JL with the XR package so I'm going to guess that the extra fender flares may touch but I'm not too worried about that. We'll have plenty of people spotting so I think you'll be fine.
Yea both myself and @GMONEY have XR fenders.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Can one of you fine fellows drag a tape measure with you and check the max width for the squeeze? My worry is with rubi axles and my wheel choice I wonā€™t be able to get throughā€¦Iā€™d be pissed to drive all the way to the point only to have to turn around. Iā€™m good with knocking fender flares off lol.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Can one of you fine fellows drag a tape measure with you and check the max width for the squeeze? My worry is with rubi axles and my wheel choice I wonā€™t be able to get throughā€¦Iā€™d be pissed to drive all the way to the point only to have to turn around. Iā€™m good with knocking fender flares off lol.
I looked online and found an old forum that says the squeeze is 85 inches for whatever that is worth.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I just watched (Youtube) a Rubi on 40x13.50s and 1.5" well spacers go through as well as some non Jeeps. Another video showed 88 inches.

I think you'll be OK but check out the videos.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Looks like we are pushing 100+ on Sunday make sure you have lots of water.

I'll probably not go top down (though you never know lol)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Craigger

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

OK - I have @GMONEY and @SadRobot confirmed. Another person from one of the Facebook groups will also be joining.

I figure we'll do Pinyon Mountain Road, Continue on Hapaha Flat Road and follow Fish Creek Wash back to pavement. We should end up here: https://goo.gl/maps/dJDQ7Ehy8vWdQQ6u9

Open to other suggestions but I seem to remember this is how I ran the trail years ago.

Make sure you all bring water, food, suncreen, and recovery gear!

See you at the trailhead tomorrow!

OP
OP
Craigger

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

Thanks, @Craigger for organizing. Such an awesome day with only minimal damage! šŸ™‚
I agree - it was a great day. Although the XR flares proved to be just a little bit too wide :) (also, you took a cleaner line).
Jeep Wrangler JL Pinyon Mountain Trail 4/30 IMG_3876 (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Pinyon Mountain Trail 4/30 IMG_3877

It was great wheeling with you and @GMONEY. I'll let you know when I plan to head out again.
Sponsored