Sponsored

Phone mount location

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
The maps on the uconnect gps have offroad trails on them, not sure how many but I have been impressed on the amount of trails that show up.
Pretty cool, does waze have that?
Having not yet received my 2dr Rubi (another issue all together) it is difficult to know what the uconnect GPS can do but here are two thoughts:

1) I spend way more time on-road than off -where Waze is going to be far superior for a host of reasons.

2) Waze has the ability to learn new roads, shortcuts, and trails, and then incorporate them back into their maps on a global basis, for all to use. It is a dynamic map that is updated often, and without extra fees.

So, the more people who use Waze on the tail the more those trails become available for everyone!

Pretty cool, huh?
Does uconnect have that?
Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
not sure, they took the offroad pages away. we will see what it has when they send it out. Wake has some nice features for sure.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
So I wasn't sure what to do with the phone . I use a Otter box case on the phone. I use the Quad Lock adaptor on the phone. I use it for my bicycles also. I got the adaptor and this was about the only place I could find to mount the adaptor. Works perfect! Just need a short cable for the phone to the USB . Anyhow just what worked for me is anyone was looking for suggestions!

fullsizeoutput_58fd.jpeg

tRSHEf5ITkKk6WaXZhGWPA.jpg

JoKI9OZhTfapifG%8d%lHw.jpg

Cf7MbzKhSjuNEAscKNSaLA.jpg
I had mine mounted that way, but one day I sat in the passenger seat and noticed that the weight of the phone seemed to be pulling the plastic away from the dash. I have since removed it, but now I have a slight gap between the dash plastic and the grab handle. :headbang:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If anyone is interested Ram mounting parts
I like that a lot! I had one of those on my motorcycles I just sold. I wish I had pulled the RAM & Mount off before I sold it.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
This thread is about a phone mount location. The only (persistent) counter-argument is from someone who has factory-installed GPS navigation. What if other buyers here do not have that option? Back out and let the rest of us discuss this.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
This thread is about a phone mount location. The only (persistent) counter-argument is from someone who has factory-installed GPS navigation. What if other buyers here do not have that option? Back out and let the rest of us discuss this.
U talkin to me?

Sponsored

dcsnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If anyone is interested Ram mounting parts
For the ball mount, how did you screw that into that location? The screw there is only into the rubber and is very short. Thanks
Don

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Hi don,
I drilled out the existing hole just a bit and threaded in the cap screw into the hole. The rubber is tough and holds very well. Don't drill it to big!

dcsnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi don,
I drilled out the existing hole just a bit and threaded in the cap screw into the hole. The rubber is tough and holds very well. Don't drill it to big!
Thanks, so you used the same screw and did the ball have a short aluminum post on it as well?

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I did not use the existing screw. It's very short and small. I used one of the cap screws that the ball came with in the handlebar kit. If u purchased just the ball, you need to find a approate cap screw in size and length. Todd

dcsnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not use the existing screw. It's very short and small. I used one of the cap screws that the ball came with in the handlebar kit. If u purchased just the ball, you need to find a approate cap screw in size and length. Todd
Thanks

Sponsored

dcsnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s weird, I bought the ball that comes with three M8 screws but they are black and to slim and too long.
Part number RAM-B-367U

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My two cents on the stock 8.4 in nav that comes with the JL it is the biggest piece of crap I have ever known in all of my 45 years of driving! Waze and Google Map blow it out of the water! I've tried on numerous occasions matching the time and route with Waze or Google Maps and it was always a much much longer arrival time no doubt

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
I have a different solution. I’m a bomb tech and use a phone case made by juggernaut defense. The phone holds all of my .pdf files and mounts to a molle vest via a fold down mount. You can also buy a RAM mount and mount it in a vehicle. I don’t have navigation and I prefer to just say “hey Siri, directions home” and off we go.

22694D3F-409E-43DB-BD60-DC6C3F0DFBE3.jpeg

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
I used the RAM phone mount.

20210408_072645.jpg

20210405_134037.jpg

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I went with the Rubigrid by Bulletpoint. This gives me two phone mounts, myself and my wife, as well as GoPro and a tablet mount. They do also carry a ball mount that fits in the grab bar like the original post.
Jeep Wrangler JL Phone mount location PXL_20210408_153109680
Jeep Wrangler JL Phone mount location PXL_20210408_153122583
Sponsored