Sponsored

Pelican Cargo Storage - Anyone using these?

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I'm looking for a rooftop storage solution and have narrowed it down to ROAM cases and Pelican Cargo cases. Anyone running the Pelican solution or know someone who is? The mounting solution for the Pelican cases seems to be the most robust, by quite a lot. I don't want my gear getting five finger discounted while we're camping and hiking.
Sponsored

Flyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Rubicon
I'm looking for a rooftop storage solution and have narrowed it down to ROAM cases and Pelican Cargo cases. Anyone running the Pelican solution or know someone who is? The mounting solution for the Pelican cases seems to be the most robust, by quite a lot. I don't want my gear getting five finger discounted while we're camping and hiking.
I mount the BX140R case to a Pioneer Platform utilizing the Pelican RFMT001LG Large Roof Case Mount. Very pleased as the case is impressive and mounting is very secure. I lock the case itself and lock it to the Platform with a cable and padlock that winds through the traction boards. As they say it keeps honest people honest. The only downside is the cost of the setup. Not cheap.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pelican Cargo Storage - Anyone using these? IMG_8262

OP
OP
WhereRU_A-A-Ron

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I mount the BX140R case to a Pioneer Platform utilizing the Pelican RFMT001LG Large Roof Case Mount. Very pleased as the case is impressive and mounting is very secure. I lock the case itself and lock it to the Platform with a cable and padlock that winds through the traction boards. As they say it keeps honest people honest. The only downside is the cost of the setup. Not cheap.
Thanks for replying. I haven’t seen a lot of real world reviews out there. And, like you said, these certainly aren’t cheap so I want to know these are going to hold up. Do you mind me asking if you bought local to you or online?

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know about using Pelican cases on Jeeps specifically, however my company uses them extensively to ship very expensive equipment all over the world and to every environment you can imagine. They are way solid.

Sponsored

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody else installed these cases?

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Curious about these as well. I just got my Gobi Stealth Rack installed and thinking about adding some Pelican Cargo Cases for stuff I need on most trails.

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Did you need to get some kind of adapter to fit the front runner brackets onto your pioneer platform? Given that the pioneer panels run up and down while the front runner platform runs sideways, is this why your pelican box is mounted facing the front instead of the side? Am really interested in your setup. Just didn’t think it would actually work till I saw yours. Thanks.

Flyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Rubicon
Did you need to get some kind of adapter to fit the front runner brackets onto your pioneer platform? Given that the pioneer panels run up and down while the front runner platform runs sideways, is this why your pelican box is mounted facing the front instead of the side? Am really interested in your setup. Just didn’t think it would actually work till I saw yours. Thanks.
I mounted it using the "RFMT001LG Large Roof Case Mount" from Pelican. You can mount is sideways either side, facing front or rear, or even mount two boxes side by side. I just leave the mount attached to my platform. As I have said this stuff is not cheap. But it is of very high quality.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pelican Cargo Storage - Anyone using these? IMG_0349
Sponsored