Pay for warranty work??

OP
OP

jeepblogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm walking. Currently waiting to hear back from Jeep. I have a case number.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
Sounds like a crooked dealership. I bought my jeep from a crooked dealership in cocoa Florida, Bonaface Heirs. I had less than 5k miles on it and the windshield washer stopped spraying. Apparently it was clogged. They wanted me to replace it stating that the owners manual states you have to use special washer fluid. Long story short I asked them to show me where. And they couldn’t but still said it was my fault. I had to throw a fit in the dealership and cancel all the added warrantees I paid for. Before they fixed it for free. Then tried to act like they did me a favor. (They has quoted me 2 hours of work but had it done in 30 min when doing it for free) I think Jeep should watch these dealerships more closely and have some type of repercussions for actions like this.

And after they fixed the wipers, my UConnect screen would not come on (before I left the parking lot). I went back into the dealership and they tried to say they didn’t have time to look at it I would have to come back the next day. I threw an absolute fit and made them fix it on the spot. I’m sure they disconnected it on purpose to get back at me for not letting them rip me off.

Absolute scumbags at that dealership. Sorry your dealing with this type of service too.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Sounds like a crooked dealership. I bought my jeep from a crooked dealership in cocoa Florida, Bonaface Heirs. I had less than 5k miles on it and the windshield washer stopped spraying. Apparently it was clogged. They wanted me to replace it stating that the owners manual states you have to use special washer fluid. Long story short I asked them to show me where. And they couldn’t but still said it was my fault. I had to throw a fit in the dealership and cancel all the added warrantees I paid for. Before they fixed it for free. Then tried to act like they did me a favor. (They has quoted me 2 hours of work but had it done in 30 min when doing it for free) I think Jeep should watch these dealerships more closely and have some type of repercussions for actions like this.

And after they fixed the wipers, my UConnect screen would not come on (before I left the parking lot). I went back into the dealership and they tried to say they didn’t have time to look at it I would have to come back the next day. I threw an absolute fit and made them fix it on the spot. I’m sure they disconnected it on purpose to get back at me for not letting them rip me off.

Absolute scumbags at that dealership. Sorry your dealing with this type of service too.
This is why service surveys are so important. Be factual, non bias and remove emotion, no matter how bad the service was. A bad survey gets attention very quick.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepblogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
SunriseJeep, I'm sorry that any Jeep customer at any dealership in any state had to put up with that. That reflects so poorly on Jeep. Life is too short to have to flip out and deal with BS hassles like that. I used to lease a different type of vehicle and nothing like that ever would have happened there. Not much difference between your story and mine where a dealership is pissed I had my Jeep towed in muddy (from the side of the freeway) and subjects me to this extremely unfriendly and infrequently used policy because of it. I love America but if this is the extent of control American car makers have over their dealerships I will opt to keep my blood pressure down and very sadly take my business elsewhere when my lease term is up.

OP
OP

jeepblogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This is why service surveys are so important. Be factual, non bias and remove emotion, no matter how bad the service was. A bad survey gets attention very quick.
If that worked these problems wouldn't exist.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Moper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 G63, 2019 S63
My leased 2018 JLU with 5000 miles lost power the other day so I had it towed to the local dealership. They called me yesterday to say there is a leak in the (manual) transmission and that due to Chrysler rules I have to authorize them to charge me at $135/hour for 9 hours just to investigate it in case there was abuse.
There’s always 2 sides to every story. Something seems like it might be missing here. Did your dealer see something that raised a red flag in their mind causing them to be suspicious of driver abuse? If so, did a discussion/argument ensue? Not taking sides here, but it sure feels like there may be a piece or 2 of this puzzle missing.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Even though the back & forth is fun to read.. What's the word? What is actually wrong with your JEEP?

OP
OP

jeepblogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There’s always 2 sides to every story. Something seems like it might be missing here. Did your dealer see something that raised a red flag in their mind causing them to be suspicious of driver abuse? If so, did a discussion/argument ensue? Not taking sides here, but it sure feels like there may be a piece or 2 of this puzzle missing.
As best we can figure, the Jeep being covered in dried mud caused them to do this. However there was no explanation given to me besides that it's a Chrysler rule that they do this.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepblogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Even though the back & forth is fun to read.. What's the word? What is actually wrong with your JEEP?
I'll let you know as soon as I know. Still waiting to hear back from Jeep after submitting my report and receiving a case number. They were supposed to call within 1 business day and I'm on day 2.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As best we can figure, the Jeep being covered in dried mud caused them to do this. However there was no explanation given to me besides that it's a Chrysler rule that they do this.
Yeah, don't let them blame FCA for a decision they are making.. So they haven't even determined why your Jeep had to be towed in ?

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation