Sponsored

Warranty work issues

Gasguzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler sport 2dr
Has anyone else have a dealership try to charge you for warranty repair? I took my mine in for the stabilizer recall and while i was there asked them to look at a few things.

Soft top pinching when folded creating a whole in the fabric and tailgate rubbing on back panel has rubbed through the panel. Their response was that it wasn't a factory installed top (it is) and there was going to be a $120 charge to adjust my installation of the top. ( once again this is a factory top)

Popping in rear axle when leaving a stop. Their reply was the clutch must be worn out at 15k miles and that there was going to be a $800 diagnostic fee.

When i complained that this should be covered under warenty they said that i would have to take it to my purchase dealer to have it covered under warranty.

Is this normal now? this is the first new vehicle that I've bought that wasn't a Chevy. Im starting to think that i made a mistake by not just buying an older used one.
Sponsored

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
Contact JeepCares (if they don't contact you first after this post) and go to another dealer. It doesn't sound like this is a place that you want to do business. I have never been to the service department where I purchased the Jeep, it is to far away. I have never had a problem with my local dealer.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone else have a dealership try to charge you for warranty repair? I took my mine in for the stabilizer recall and while i was there asked them to look at a few things.

Soft top pinching when folded creating a whole in the fabric and tailgate rubbing on back panel has rubbed through the panel. Their response was that it wasn't a factory installed top (it is) and there was going to be a $120 charge to adjust my installation of the top. ( once again this is a factory top)

Popping in rear axle when leaving a stop. Their reply was the clutch must be worn out at 15k miles and that there was going to be a $800 diagnostic fee.

When i complained that this should be covered under warenty they said that i would have to take it to my purchase dealer to have it covered under warranty.

Is this normal now? this is the first new vehicle that I've bought that wasn't a Chevy. Im starting to think that i made a mistake by not just buying an older used one.
Hi Gasguzzler,
We would recommend visiting another service department to get a second opinion. I have included a dealer locator link below to help you identify another dealer near you. If you need any assistance while working with your dealer, please feel free to private message us!

Contact JeepCares (if they don't contact you first after this post) and go to another dealer. It doesn't sound like this is a place that you want to do business. I have never been to the service department where I purchased the Jeep, it is to far away. I have never had a problem with my local dealer.
Thank you, firemk, for looping us in!

Alex
Jeep Social Care Specialsit

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Are you sure the top was installed at the factory and not by a dealer? Check the window sticker if you have it. The dealer can pull up the vehicle by the VIN and it shows all factory installed options. When I bought my 18 JLUR it had a hardtop on it. I assumed it was factory installed. Found out later the dealer had swapped the soft top from mine with the hardtop from another JL. That was done by a dealer in TN. I took it to a local dealer here in MO because of a leak. They said FCA wouldn't warranty it because it was dealer installed not factory installed. I would have to take it back to the dealer in TN to get the issue fixed because they installed it wrong. I fixed it my self.

OP
OP
Gasguzzler

Gasguzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler sport 2dr
Are you sure the top was installed at the factory and not by a dealer? Check the window sticker if you have it. The dealer can pull up the vehicle by the VIN and it shows all factory installed options. When I bought my 18 JLUR it had a hardtop on it. I assumed it was factory installed. Found out later the dealer had swapped the soft top from mine with the hardtop from another JL. That was done by a dealer in TN. I took it to a local dealer here in MO because of a leak. They said FCA wouldn't warranty it because it was dealer installed not factory installed. I would have to take it back to the dealer in TN to get the issue fixed because they installed it wrong. I fixed it my self.
Yes, its stock. The only options I have are air conditioning and axles. I'm going to take it back to my purchasing dealer. The only reason I went to another is that it is right next to work.

OP
OP
Gasguzzler

Gasguzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler sport 2dr
Finally had time to visit another dealer. New top and rear axle are on their way. Second dealer said that the first one was their best advertisement as they at least two people a day come in because they refuse to fix warranty items.
Sponsored