Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered 13 Oct 2020. My JLUR just went to Shipping status on the 17th of April.

You'll survive, I promise!
Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
If it makes you feel better I put my order in 3/26.... dealer gave me a VIN 2.5 weeks later but the tracker can’t find it. I’m curious what may cause a delay like that, but I also have a perfectly nice Grand Cherokee that works just fine. If anyone else has insight to how dealerships work and what might cause that, let me know... if not catch me camping/overlanding the weekends in ol trusty
23BE0B84-BD30-4F96-90AF-42A7AC8397D8.jpeg
Your trusty GC seems to have better trail traction than the JLU that famously rolled off Potato Salad hill a few weeks ago. A keeper!

OP
OP

Woody77

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Relax as I/we were told...Order some Mods! It could be worse. A group of us (6) got caught in the Virus shut down... we were in D1 for almost (3) months... (1 week after build, parking lot and on rail to travel... and 2 of those weeks only 90 miles away from me/dealer... We found sometimes the status code were incorrect, not update. But again as we were told by other members... You will have a Jeep soon... and Happy Days for you...
Thank you!

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Someone help me with my impatience. I ordered my jeep wrangler on April 2nd and have had the same status for almost 3 weeks. All materials are gathered and ready to build, it should start the building process very soon. How long has anyone stayed in the D1 status? I wish I could forget about it but I'm just so excited!!
This is typical and with current supply chain issues builds are taking longer. 4-6 weeks is typical. And when you order you quickly get to status "parts all here and waiting build", but then sit there for a few weeks before it gets built. Then your jeep is built in a few days and goes to final. The date it is shipped from being built can be anywhere from 1-5days and then the real patience games starts. It can take a LONG time from when it is shipped to when it gets to your dealer for delivery. The farther you are from the factory the longer this can be, for instance on the west coast this can easily be 2 weeks for it to get to the local railyard, and it sits there for 2-7 days before being delivered to your dealer.

Just remember there are lots of status codes, but the one you're in now and the one of it being shipped are the ones that take forever. All other statuses (unless there is a problem) change very quickly.

OP
OP

Woody77

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
This is typical and with current supply chain issues builds are taking longer. 4-6 weeks is typical. And when you order you quickly get to status "parts all here and waiting build", but then sit there for a few weeks before it gets built. Then your jeep is built in a few days and goes to final. The date it is shipped from being built can be anywhere from 1-5days and then the real patience games starts. It can take a LONG time from when it is shipped to when it gets to your dealer for delivery. The farther you are from the factory the longer this can be, for instance on the west coast this can easily be 2 weeks for it to get to the local railyard, and it sits there for 2-7 days before being delivered to your dealer.

Just remember there are lots of status codes, but the one you're in now and the one of it being shipped are the ones that take forever. All other statuses (unless there is a problem) change very quickly.
Thank you so much!

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Guess I got lucky...ordered 3/10 was delivered to dealer on 4/15 ...fly up to pick it up on Saturday :like:
Can't wait!!!

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Heather, you ordered yours on Friday, April 2, 2021. I ordered mine the following day, Saturday, April 3, 2021 (2-door Rubicon 3.6 auto trans with nearly every available option). Mine went right in to "D" status and I had a vehicle order number ("VON") the day I ordered the Jeep. On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, I asked my dealer for an update and he provided me with a new Priced Order Confirmation ("POC") reflecting that my Jeep moved into D1 status, had a VIN assigned, that the Jeep was "sequenced for production" with an estimated ship date of 4/27/21. I decided I would only reach out to my dealer once a week. I'll check with him a little later this week.

In the meantime, I ordered and received my Racor hardtop hoist, the Topsy hoist straps and the metal cam (to replace the cheap plastic cam from Racor), standard plastic side steps to replace the standard rock rail (my wife is 4' 10" on a good day so she needs the step), the Mopar tailgate table, the premium soft top (comes in a ginormous box that can't be shipped by UPS), and soft top window bag. These items are now sitting in the corner of my garage collecting dust.

Another member on this forum ordered a nearly identical Jeep and he received his 44 days from the date he ordered it (and his was delivered to California, I am in Florida). I am using his time line to predict when mine will arrive but we all know there is no consistency in build and delivery times.

Of course, using 44 days puts delivery right in the middle of me helping my daughter move across country. It will be just my luck my Jeep will arrive while I am on that trip.

So now I just sit and wait. I think I have reviewed every post that has ever been posted on this forum. It is fun to see what others have done to their Jeep. It is also fun to see pictures of the members' Jeeps in scenic surroundings. Inspires me to head out to some of these places. I have also picked up a lot of great modification ideas for the future. Yes, the waiting is the hardest part.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Heather, you ordered yours on Friday, April 2, 2021. I ordered mine the following day, Saturday, April 3, 2021 (2-door Rubicon 3.6 auto trans with nearly every available option). Mine went right in to "D" status and I had a vehicle order number ("VON") the day I ordered the Jeep. On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, I asked my dealer for an update and he provided me with a new Priced Order Confirmation ("POC") reflecting that my Jeep moved into D1 status, had a VIN assigned, that the Jeep was "sequenced for production" with an estimated ship date of 4/27/21. I decided I would only reach out to my dealer once a week. I'll check with him a little later this week.

In the meantime, I ordered and received my Racor hardtop hoist, the Topsy hoist straps and the metal cam (to replace the cheap plastic cam from Racor), standard plastic side steps to replace the standard rock rail (my wife is 4' 10" on a good day so she needs the step), the Mopar tailgate table, the premium soft top (comes in a ginormous box that can't be shipped by UPS), and soft top window bag. These items are now sitting in the corner of my garage collecting dust.

Another member on this forum ordered a nearly identical Jeep and he received his 44 days from the date he ordered it (and his was delivered to California, I am in Florida). I am using his time line to predict when mine will arrive but we all know there is no consistency in build and delivery times.

Of course, using 44 days puts delivery right in the middle of me helping my daughter move across country. It will be just my luck my Jeep will arrive while I am on that trip.

So now I just sit and wait. I think I have reviewed every post that has ever been posted on this forum. It is fun to see what others have done to their Jeep. It is also fun to see pictures of the members' Jeeps in scenic surroundings. Inspires me to head out to some of these places. I have also picked up a lot of great modification ideas for the future. Yes, the waiting is the hardest part.
I ordered a diesel JLUR w/ quite a few options which took about 7weeks (in WA). A friend ordered a diesel JLUR a week later, but pretty basic with very little extras and got his a week earlier than mine (5 weeks total in WA as well). The more options you get the longer it seems to take.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Someone help me with my impatience. I ordered my jeep wrangler on April 2nd and have had the same status for almost 3 weeks. All materials are gathered and ready to build, it should start the building process very soon. How long has anyone stayed in the D1 status? I wish I could forget about it but I'm just so excited!!
Look at the bright side. I ordered my Wrangler on 11/18. It still has not arrived to dealer....

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Read through some of the 392 and 4xe ordering threads, that should give you a great comparison that your build is moving along just fine. Your 18 days in a lot of us are 5+months, many of which are still in the same status as you.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ordered mine (2 door / Rubicon / manual) on 3/7. It finally shipped last week, with an ETA of around 4/26-5/10. The waiting sucks, for sure. It's especially frustrating when you see other folks who ordered after you already picking theirs up. But... there's not much predicting when it's going to build, what may slow it down, why some get built faster than others, or whatever else may happen in between. Just gotta wait it out!

For recommendations on passing the time, here's ways I've spent the interim weeks:

- Fixing up and shining up my old Jeep for improved trade in value
- Selling anything aftermarket stuff could strip off the old Jeep
- Updating some of my existing Jeep supplies (replenishing the first aid kit, replacing worn out recovery gear, etc)
- Researching mods and planning my build (forum is great for that!)
- Ordering some preliminary interior mods (floor liners, seat covers, grab handles, comms gear, etc)
- Plotting out trails new and old that I'm planning on hitting to test the new Jeep out
- Read through the new Jeep owner's manual

If you're financing, this is also a great time to shop around for the best rates.

Also a great opportunity to look around for local Jeep clubs and meet new folks.

And, finally... hang out on the forum and whine with the rest of us in the Order Tracking thread. ;)

Welcome to the club!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Rubicon on Jan 11th, 2021 and it arrived at the Dealership on Feb 26th, 2021

Which was about the expected time frame.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Try ordering a Rubicon 392. I ordered mine 11-30-2020. 3-10-2021 I got the VIN. Over three months from ordering. I went D status on 3-11-2021 and have stayed there ever since. Still gathering all the parts. Some people that ordered before me, went from D back to BG to BX. You'll get yours long before I get mine. But thats ok. Its how this thing works. Just keep yourself busy with all the jeep stuff on youtube and figure out what your going to do to it when it arrives. Oh and start stockpiling money to pay for those mods.
Sponsored