Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, Canuck chining in from London, Ontario.
Ordered 2.0T Sahara HA with most of the bells and whistles.
Order went in Jan 25, 2021.
Moved to BX status a week later.
March, Status moved back to BG.
Mid April back to BX where it's been since then.
No VIN
14 weeks and counting with absolutely no movement.
My first purchase from FCA and it's beyond frustrating.
All I can do is sit tight, grin and bear it I guess.
I cannot believe how long it takes to get an order into Canada. They build the Jeep in about a day. Such a shame, I can’t believe it HAS to be this way. The only good thing is the Jeep will be worth the wait.
Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
I cannot believe how long it takes to get an order into Canada. They build the Jeep in about a day. Such a shame, I can’t believe it HAS to be this way. The only good thing is the Jeep will be worth the wait.
I know! The frustrating thing is (and I know this doesn't really matter, but) is that I'm less than 200 miles from the Toledo plant. so close, yet so far.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question: how do you check out your order status? Can we check it out in Canada?
I text my salesperson weekly and have them check it for me. In the US you could contact Jeep Chat and they'll let you know but if you try to contact them from Canada, 99 times out of 100 they will tell you that "due to Canadian Privacy Laws they are unable to provide any information"

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Crossing a new vehicle as cargo into Canada takes roughly 30 to 45 seconds at the border, so it's not an import issue that is the delay.
I'd be 99.9999% certain that it is a build item issue.
Being that these orders are from Canada, I would logically assume they all have the cold weather package ordered ... heated seats and steering wheel ... It is worth noting that the manufacturer of the heated steering wheel recently went bankrupt. I suspect those delayed orders are waiting on a new supplier for that particular assembly.

Sponsored

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Crossing a new vehicle as cargo into Canada takes roughly 30 to 45 seconds at the border, so it's not an import issue that is the delay.
Being that these orders are from Canada, I would logically assume they all have the cold weather package ordered ... heated seats and steering wheel ... It is worth noting that the manufacturer of the heated steering wheel recently went bankrupt. I suspect those delayed orders are waiting on a new supplier for that particular assembly.
Oh, didn't know that. It explains a lot. Because yes, the cold weather package is a must during our harsh winters.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would tend to agree with you, HOWEVER, I also assume that there are many Jeep Builds for Northern USA customers that would include the cold weather group and these seem to be flying off the assembly line in 4-8 weeks.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I would tend to agree with you, HOWEVER, I also assume that there are many Jeep Builds for Northern USA customers that would include the cold weather group and these seem to be flying off the assembly line in 4-8 weeks.
Could be that the new manufacturer's part has not passed CSA standards here in Canada, yet they are perfectly acceptable in the USA.
TBH ... the Canadian government isn't very bright. In the big truck world where I work Electronic Logging Devices are mandated for use on the 12th of June 2021 ... the Canadian government hasn't certified any for use yet ... LOL

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Could be that the new manufacturer's part has not passed CSA standards here in Canada, yet they are perfectly acceptable in the USA.
TBH ... the Canadian government isn't very bright. In the big truck world where I work Electronic Logging Devices are mandated for use on the 12th of June 2021 ... the Canadian government hasn't certified any for use yet ... LOL
However, if there's production issues, it's the carmaker's reponsability to tell its dealerships so they can properly inform the clients.

When I cross-shopped for a Wrangler, I also went to a Toyota dealership to check out a 4Runner. The dealer was very transparent and honest: not possible to build a 2021 model with the options I wanted, based on their production hell and lack of material to build the truck. He then tried to sell me a Rav4 (nice try, dude).

Is Stellantis hesistant to do this because they want their shareholders to be happy with the sales? Maybe. Maybe Toyota doesn't need to cheat the numbers because their shareholders are happy with the sales they already have.

Last edited:

BlackFly

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Canada here.

Just got my VIN after ordering a full ten weeks ago. Ordered 02/24, VIN recv 05/06...

At least it made it into the 2021 builds - would hate to have to sit behind preferred dealer orders for a 22.

Looking so forward to bringing this bad boy home!

Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canada here.

Just got my VIN after ordering a full ten weeks ago. Ordered 02/24, VIN recv 05/06...

At least it made it into the 2021 builds - would hate to have to sit behind preferred dealer orders for a 22.

Looking so forward to bringing this bad boy home!
What did you order?

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon - 3.6 6-Speed, all decked out :)

I have about three days worth of after-market installs at the dealership as well to extend the wait a wee bit longer lol...
Awesome! Enjoy. Still waiting since Jan for a VIN.

CanuckUSMC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
4 to 6 months seems pretty typical for us Canucks. 7 months, without resolution in sight, is excessive but not unheard of. A couple of Canadians with similar waits have recently taken delivery according to other threads. Vancouver probably isn't helping with the train ride, but still...
I ordered mine in mid November 2020. So it has been 6 months, and still waiting for the build to start. At this point it is just ridiculous...

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXFG0MW661219

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
I ordered mine in mid November 2020. So it has been 6 months, and still waiting for the build to start. At this point it is just ridiculous...

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXFG0MW661219
my build was ordered dec8/2020, Bx status till April 10/2021 when i received status change to D and the VIN. June 8 is my 6 months order anniversary with zero movement on actual assembly. We are all in the same slow boat
Sponsored