Paint problems

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
May I refer you to the JL Delivery Inspection, tree sap or not. You could have refused to accept it. Caveat emptor.
What’s done is done - OP knows he missed it - restating the obvious is pretty crappy. I missed a significantly damaged wheel on a new Tesla I purchased last year...and I thought I had carefully looked it over. Stuff happens.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PaschallMotorSports
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Rubicon, 2019 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 1990 chevy race truck
Here is the passenger front door..

20200408_202706.jpg

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know in Ohio that a dealership can "fix" new vehicle damage up to 4.5% of MSRP and still sell as new. ( 55K MSRP 4.5%= 2475.00)
Vehicles can get damaged with delivery truck, salesman damage etc..
They DO NOT have to disclose that to purchasing customer.
You said it's 6k in damage? I'd go for a new vehicle and refuse to accept it.... Probably going to be a headache though.. Good luck

OP
OP
PaschallMotorSports
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So .. we heard back from the dealership. He says they want us to come up with 2000 because Chrysler will not cover the whole est. Since it was not done by a certified Chrysler dealer. It was done by a Chevrolet dealer across the street that the service manager sent us to .. makes no since but off to a certified dealer we go..

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So .. we heard back from the dealership. He says they want us to come up with 2000 because Chrysler will not cover the whole est. Since it was not done by a certified Chrysler dealer. It was done by a Chevrolet dealer across the street that the service manager sent us to .. makes no since but off to a certified dealer we go..
You took your brand new jeep to a Chevy dealership for warranty work? Or the Chrysler dealership directed you to go there?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaschallMotorSports
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You took your brand new jeep to a Chevy dealership for warranty work? Or the Chrysler dealership directed you to go there?
They directed me to go there .. yea makes no since to me either..

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
They directed me to go there .. yea makes no since to me either..
I had a problem with my paint on my door hinges. My dealership sent my jeep to the place they use for paint. It took literally 45 days to get fixed. It was ridiculous so hopefully they figure something out for you.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
You need to get in touch with someone a little higher then whoever your talking to. Even if you didn’t inspect it you could totally tell that those are all mistakes made by Chrysler and should be done under warranty.

OP
OP
PaschallMotorSports
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to get in touch with someone a little higher then whoever your talking to. Even if you didn’t inspect it you could totally tell that those are all mistakes made by Chrysler and should be done under warranty.
I'm going to another dealership that is owned by the same person that has a body shop there to get a quote. I'm not sure why they didn't send me there in the first place .

OP
OP
PaschallMotorSports
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a problem with my paint on my door hinges. My dealership sent my jeep to the place they use for paint. It took literally 45 days to get fixed. It was ridiculous so hopefully they figure something out for you.
45 days wow the wife wont be happy with that lol.. I have a skyjacker lift ,tires and wheels,bumpers,winch, and a few other goodies sitting in the shop waiting for this to be fixed so I can install them .

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I'm going to another dealership that is owned by the same person that has a body shop there to get a quote. I'm not sure why they didn't send me there in the first place .
a quote? This is a warranty issue. No quote needed. Take it to a Jeep dealer. I’d take it back to where you bought it and get a hold of the GM or owner if they aren’t taking care of it. This is at the very least a warranty issue that should be handled with priority. The dealer you bought it from can probably do much more for you, but don’t hold your breath.

OP
OP
PaschallMotorSports
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a quote? This is a warranty issue. No quote needed. Take it to a Jeep dealer. I’d take it back to where you bought it and get a hold of the GM or owner if they aren’t taking care of it. This is at the very least a warranty issue that should be handled with priority. The dealer you bought it from can probably do much more for you, but don’t hold your breath.
The dealer I bought it from is the one who sent me across the street to a chevy dealer to get the quote lol. I'll take it to another jeep dealer amd see what they say .

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Turns out, I have the same issue with the paint on my 2019 Punkn. I never noticed how thin the paint was.

I had a little incident with a rock on my last offroad trip and the jeep is at the body shop to get repaired. The body shop pointed out how thin the paint was and said it's going to be hard for them to spray the repaired area since their paint job will be far better than what the jeep has on it from the factory. They showed me all the places where you can see the primer coat thru the orange paint. Really quite disappointing.
Sponsored