Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I just filed a warranty claim for my Jeep to be repainted. I have a 2019 Punk'n and the color is noticeably different between the cowl/rear window trim (fiberglass and plastic) and the body of the Jeep (aluminum). When i made the appointment for a service tech to look at it I could hear the contempt in his voice, like i was crazy or something. When I pulled up the first thing out of his mouth was "your Jeep is different colors".

Has anyone else had an issue like this?
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Several people have had this problem with an assortment of colors. If I recall correctly...it seems much more prevalent in the lighter colors...

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I just filed a warranty claim for my Jeep to be repainted. I have a 2019 Punk'n and the color is noticeably different between the cowl/rear window trim (fiberglass and plastic) and the body of the Jeep (aluminum). When i made the appointment for a service tech to look at it I could hear the contempt in his voice, like i was crazy or something. When I pulled up the first thing out of his mouth was "your Jeep is different colors".

The dealer you bought it from didnt think "wow, thats a problem?" before calling you in to sign?

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer you bought it from didnt think "wow, thats a problem?" before calling you in to sign?
You know, i didn't notice for a few months myself. At first you think it's just the light or something, but once you see it. you can't un-see it. Now i can look at my Jeep across a parking lot and it's all i see. I'm also thinking that as time goes by it will get worse with fading.

Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The granite's are like this in direct sunlight

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Yep, I have the same issue with my punkn. I never noticed it though.

My jeep is currently being repaired for a small incident I had with a rock on my last offroad trip. They called me up there to show me all the places where you can see the primer coat under the orange paint. It was pretty clear in the sunlight, the difference in color between some panels.

Did you get anywhere with a repaint from jeep?

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I have the same issue with my punkn. I never noticed it though.

My jeep is currently being repaired for a small incident I had with a rock on my last offroad trip. They called me up there to show me all the places where you can see the primer coat under the orange paint. It was pretty clear in the sunlight, the difference in color between some panels.

Did you get anywhere with a repaint from jeep?
No, they’re huge assholes. They begrudgingly wrote me a check for 1/2 the cost to repaint the whole vehicle.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase